What's Next?

I've wondered if Judge Silver could rule in a way that makes appeal pointless, but most people say I'm wrong. But, if she did, why do you think they would do anything quickly? They haven't so far and the NAC is asking to meet outside of mediation. Are you thinking because of the merger speculation?

Yes, because of merger speculation. Why else would the FA's suddenly have a TA? I also agree that the judge could rule in a way that makes an appeal pointless..

Wouldn't an appeal be pointless? This is, after all, a request for a declaratory judgement. The company is simply asking the judge to interpret its agreement. Once the company gets its answer it will not be obligated to wait around for an appeal decision. Things could be wrapped up before the first appeal hearing is ever scheduled. Even if an appeals court overturns Silver's ruling if things are already in motion (one way or another) there will be no turning back.
{

I was fllying with a guy today who brought this to my attetion: It would be fruitless for the east to appeal a decision by the judge because, until the company actually did something, the event would not be RIPE. We have been there, done that. Waiting for the T-shirt.

PS: compromise? Out of the question.

Yes, because of merger speculation. Why else would the FA's suddenly have a TA?
Because they got tired of waiting for the pilot situation to be resolved and were hoping for an improvement in their lifestyle for the first time in a decade?

Yes, because of merger speculation. Why else would the FA's suddenly have a TA? I also agree that the judge could rule in a way that makes an appeal pointless..

Could be. They didn't seem any more interested in getting a F/A contract than they did ours. Who knows.

Because they got tired of waiting for the pilot situation to be resolved and were hoping for an improvement in their lifestyle for the first time in a decade?

My thinking is more along the lines of the company driving it, not the FA's. Besides, from a west FA's point of view there is no lifestyle improvement. Not ONE that I have spoken with thinks it is good.

Latest posts

Back