Whats up? DGS Called me for $30 bucks an hour?!

violated

Dec 28, 2007
Hey fellas what in the world is going on at the Delta TOC? I quit almost three years ago, and I am totally surprised they want me back! haha I just got a call from a lady from Delta Global Services and she said Delta provided her with my name and if I am interested to start in ATL on some TSA mod at $30 bucks an hour with work going through the end of the year. I laughed and declined the job, and told her to give it to someone who needs a job since I am happily emploed far away from Delta and any airline scabs.

Why would they even concider me, one of the guys who used to bust everyones balls into union drives and I am far from being a model Deltoid! HAHAHA Unbelieveable!

Anyone else get that humourous message?

-------->Violated!

ps- Shout out to all my old friends in drity plane land!

Just shows you that DL has people on layoff and instead of bringing them back they are looking for Temps, and you say you dont need a union.

Just shows you that DL has people on layoff and instead of bringing them back they are looking for Temps, and you say you dont need a union.
I would bet they are looking for temps because they don't feel they could keep these people employed after the mod is done. I also think the ATL recall list is exhausted.

Acutally I always said we needed a union, I have been in Organizing DAL AMT's since day one, which is why I am surprized that they would even try to get me to come back! Also it might be a trap too! ;-)

Moderator note: Do NOT use the term scab on this board.

Hey fellas what in the world is going on at the Delta TOC? I quit almost three years ago, and I am totally surprised they want me back! haha I just got a call from a lady from Delta Global Services and she said Delta provided her with my name and if I am interested to start in ATL on some TSA mod at $30 bucks an hour with work going through the end of the year. I laughed and declined the job, and told her to give it to someone who needs a job since I am happily emploed far away from Delta and any airline scabs.

Why would they even concider me, one of the guys who used to bust everyones balls into union drives and I am far from being a model Deltoid! HAHAHA Unbelieveable!

Anyone else get that humourous message?

-------->Violated!

ps- Shout out to all my old friends in drity plane land!

With your attitude they definitely should not have considered you but they did. Shouldn't you be thankful? They could have called anybody out of A&P school.

Acutally I always said we needed a union, I have been in Organizing DAL AMT's since day one, which is why I am surprized that they would even try to get me to come back! Also it might be a trap too! ;-)

"Political correctness is the vast refuge of those that have nothing to say"

The whole reason of this post was to bring awareness to the craft for not being informed as you should. If you guys were union, this would not happen, they wouldn't bring in any temp work especially since many are on furlough. But I guess everyone is happy without a union and working with a bunch of REPLACEMENT STRIKE BREAKING WORKERS! Just how long until everyone is replaced? Your friends at NWA showed how easily we AMT's will sell eachother out and ruin our careers!

The whole reason of this post was to bring awareness to the craft for not being informed as you should. If you guys were union, this would not happen, they wouldn't bring in any temp work especially since many are on furlough. But I guess everyone is happy without a union and working with a bunch of REPLACEMENT STRIKE BREAKING WORKERS! Just how long until everyone is replaced? Your friends at NWA showed how easily we AMT's will sell eachother out and ruin our careers!
Really? You said nothing to convey this message when you started this thread. Your intentions were childish to say the least.

"Political correctness is the vast refuge of those that have nothing to say"

How is that political correctness?

The Mod is simply saying "be civil" toward each other. There are a lot of people that are in unions that are not union robots and quite frankly don't like to be because of what the unions due...especially when it comes to the politicans the union supports but many of its members do not and don't like their money going to a candidate that they don't support.

And there are people who aren't in a union but are still in the workforce legitmently.

So how is the moderator being politically correct by saying be civil and no name calling?

Quite frankly, while we all want the most we can get...in reality, all unions really do is drive up the cost of business and in the end, results in more people losing their jobs due to layoffs (like myself) because more has to be given to less and there's only so much revenue generated by warm bodies filling the seats of all the various airline aircraft. The world's hurting everywhere. I used to work in the medical field. People lose their jobs, they lose their insurance, they don't go to their doctor. Less money coming in, less work to do...people are sidelined and sent home. This happens to both union and non-union employees.

I don't blame the companies for this. Its the wonderful world of up and down business cycles that affect every industry.

The part time airline job I just got isn't much, but its better then nothing. If your airline is hiring, let me know. I need a full time job. But in the mean time, I'm just glad I can be productive and put some money in the cauffers...union or non-union. Its a job. And in today's world, you're lucky if you have one.

Shout me down if you want. I'm just saying that unions aren't the solution to the world's evils...they are just a cog in it and equally guilty in the job losses.

How is that political correctness?

The Mod is simply saying "be civil" toward each other. There are a lot of people that are in unions that are not union robots and quite frankly don't like to be because of what the unions due...especially when it comes to the politicans the union supports but many of its members do not and don't like their money going to a candidate that they don't support.

And there are people who aren't in a union but are still in the workforce legitmently.

So how is the moderator being politically correct by saying be civil and no name calling?

Quite frankly, while we all want the most we can get...in reality, all unions really do is drive up the cost of business and in the end, results in more people losing their jobs due to layoffs (like myself) because more has to be given to less and there's only so much revenue generated by warm bodies filling the seats of all the various airline aircraft. The world's hurting everywhere. I used to work in the medical field. People lose their jobs, they lose their insurance, they don't go to their doctor. Less money coming in, less work to do...people are sidelined and sent home. This happens to both union and non-union employees.

I don't blame the companies for this. Its the wonderful world of up and down business cycles that affect every industry.

The part time airline job I just got isn't much, but its better then nothing. If your airline is hiring, let me know. I need a full time job. But in the mean time, I'm just glad I can be productive and put some money in the cauffers...union or non-union. Its a job. And in today's world, you're lucky if you have one.

Shout me down if you want. I'm just saying that unions aren't the solution to the world's evils...they are just a cog in it and equally guilty in the job losses.
Very well put Ttf

Latest posts

Back