When will Song craft be reconfigured?

Supposedly, DL is saying Song will remain intact w/ the current fleet and routes through May. Given that summer is a peak travel period and it doesn't make sense to take aircraft out of service to reconfigure them during the summer, it is doubtful that any significant changes will happen before the fall unless some aircraft can be reconfigured in May. I would expect that some of the current Song aircraft will be moved to other non-Song routes in the summer, however.

Friday, Delta announced plans to merge some of the more popular Song features into mainline service and discontinue the Song brand in May '06. This will include adding 26 first-class seats to the existing 48 Song aircraft, modify 50 aircraft to the two class Song configurations and all of it will be leather interiors and all of it will have in-flight entertainment.

MB

yes but it won't all happen between the last Song flight 4/30 and the first flight of the day on 5/1.

> yes but it won't all happen between the last Song flight 4/30 and the first flight of the day on 5/1.

No, that would be a little difficult.

MB :)

It's nice to see Delta wasting more money. Gee and you Kool-Aid drikers wonder why the Pilots are not giving an inch on concessions???

I don't suppose you know the difference between wasting money and making an investment. Was UA's conversion of a dozen of so 757s to PS service a waste of money? Is AA's purchase of winglets a waste of money? Is CO's refresh of BusinessFirst a waste of money?

None of these airlines wasted money and neither is Delta. They see the Song conversion as a sound business investment and couldn't do it if their creditors didn't agree. DL will have the largest number of seats with in-seat IFE in the country and the only large fleet among US carriers. While not a purchase driver for me, it is for many customers and will undoubtedly reap returns.

Back