Who will be next?

Dea Certe

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Anyone want to be what airline will be the next to have labor costs that are too high to be competitive?

If the IAM, PFAA and ALPA all agree to these dragonian pay and benefits cuts, some other airline is sure to start the cry "We can't compete. We must cut our labor costs now!"

Scary to think about, isn't it?

Dea

well you shouldnt be so lucky cause in a few weeks when the remainin unions or at least one of them or two the airline called SCAB AIR used to be called NWA will be in the history books for all of us to read and for our children to learn from the failures of MISMANAGEMENT and the lessons it taught about how not to hire dirty low down filthy rotten smellin SCABS like you

well you shouldnt be so lucky cause in a few weeks when the remainin unions or at least one of them or two the airline called SCAB AIR used to be called NWA will be in the history books for all of us to read and for our children to learn from the failures of MISMANAGEMENT and the lessons it taught about how not to hire dirty low down filthy rotten smellin SCABS like you

I'm pretty sure I've heard this rhetoric about a dozen times since 9/11 at every legacy airline. Management keeps asking and labor keeps giving. We're not through yet.

Anyone want to be what airline will be the next to have labor costs that are too high to be competitive?

If the IAM, PFAA and ALPA all agree to these dragonian pay and benefits cuts, some other airline is sure to start the cry "We can't compete. We must cut our labor costs now!"

Scary to think about, isn't it?

Dea

It is scary, Dea.

Part of the prblem is that we were the "last in line." In other words, the company was able to cherry pick the worst parts out of the other company's concessionary agreements (ie. wholesale outsourcing, 75% pay for sick time, loss of shift differential(s), etc.), throw them all into the mixing bowl, and come up with the Perfect Storm as it were. As you read the NW proposals for the ramp and customer service cba's, you can pick out exactly what carriers they got the ideas from.

I can only imagine the company negociators (sp?) foaming at the mouth as each successive "agreement" was ratified....

Latest posts

Back