pitchlink

Dec 2, 2003
Hey guys,

Found this little tidbit on the TC website. :cop:

-----------------------------------------------
Ontario October 30, 2002

subsection 7.3 (1) of the Aeronautics Act
30 days licence suspension

A helicopter flight instructor had his licence suspended for 30 days for having made a false representation for the purpose of obtaining a Canadian aviation document. He claimed that his student had accumulated 40 hours of solo flight when the student had in fact never flown solo. :blink:
-----------------------------------------------

How many hours do you think someone should have to get their commercial license? Are the solo hours really as valuable anyhow? What school would allow this to happen?

Regards,
pl

Some would say that they learned as much, or more from their solo time. Confidence building is a big thing too.

RH

i agree with the confidence building.......

wasn't that the guy who did his 100 hours in a 206 and his solo time was when the instructor was silent??

So does anyone know what ever happened to the student? I hope that he didn't become totally disheartened with the industry. I would hope that the flight school returned his money. And a 30 day suspension seems a little lenient to me.

Apparently this ruling made TC change its standpoint on What you can log as "SOLO" in the A/C. The flight test can no longer be under solo time, but it will be Pilot in Command.

:stupid: / B)

Don't really think it matters though...

By the way have the scoop on that one and 412Driver, you are absutively, poselutely correct on that issue.

Ya, and the company was required to give the student the 35 hrs solo time (actual solo), out of their own pocket.

I don't really know why TC requires 35 hours of solo time. Personally I think 20 hours solo would be more than enough flight time. Who here can say they taught themselves anything worthwhile during solo time in flight school. If anything the extra power (especially in a 22) gives you more room for error, which is arguably a good thing and a bad thing. Still conflicted on the issue I guess. Quick question on the same topic: How is it a TC examiner and pilot candiate both claim PIC time on a flight test? Two PICs don't make a right.

I would also have thought that padding your log book with 600 hours of flight time in six months when you were nowhere near a helicopter would be just as bad as logging 35 hours of unoffical solo time.....but hey, you don't need to fill out any forms once you have your licence!

Latest posts

Back