Who's Johnny?

That was because of TWA's financial condition and the last bankruptcy, AA demanded that all TWA Unionized workers give up their Allegheny/Mohawk LPPs otherwise they would not purchase TWA.

All AA's CBAs had language to protect current AA employees, the issue went to arbitration and all sides had to live with the outcome.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

That was because of TWA's financial condition and the last bankruptcy, AA demanded that all TWA Unionized workers give up their Allegheny/Mohawk LPPs otherwise they would not purchase TWA.

All AA's CBAs had language to protect current AA employees, the issue went to arbitration and all sides had to live with the outcome.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

No, I didn't let the facts get in the way!

THE FACT IS THEY LOST THEIR JOB!!! RIGHT??

OBFUSCATE THAT (I mean show us how the IAM protected them, I asume, since they took their dues, they must have done something for them right?)

No, I didn't let the facts get in the way!

THE FACT IS THEY LOST THEIR JOB!!! RIGHT??

OBFUSCATE THAT (I mean show us how the IAM protected them, I asume, since they took their dues, they must have done something for them right?)

Without representation, they would not have even factored into any consideration of maintaining employment EARLY in the game!

Nonetheless, I adamantly await the DAL merger "play-out" to see the shock on the faces of the flight attendants when they are told that the "seniority protection letter" was/is one-ply Charmin! :lol:

I'm not sure that it has anything to do with union vs non-union. I think it more that the representation we have was not willing to go to the mat with the company, and the company knew that going into the concessions negotiations back in 2003.

If you look at what the union has gotten for the particular group of f/as, then it would be TWU all the way. However, I know that a lot of AA employees who are represented by the TWU are NOT happy with their representation.

I don't see that the AFA has done much more with their representation than the APFA did for us. Mostly scare tactics of "this is the best we could do." And, in our case, "if you don't vote for these concessions then the company will go into bankruptcy and it will be much worse."
This can be said at ALL airlines. Just change the name of the Union or Airline or workgroup. (Pilots,FA's or Mx)

Thanks for mentioning that. And, I might add they also seem to be happy for the most part. I know several CO f/as. I don't know whether it was the company or the union or both working together, but let me also add that not a single CO f/a (off new-hire probation) has been furloughed since 9/11 either.
Not so fast there Quicksdraw!There is a lot of anti-IAM sentiment amongst the CO FA's. The kool-aiders and Scabs in Mecca (IAH) rolled over before the company could say boo,with the IAM bending over like the sheep they are.In EWR,comprised of mostly commuters from closed bases (DEN,HNL,LAX,SEA) and the NY/NJ locals,the IAM is pretty much hated and viewed as weak at best.

The sad part is,in Airline World,labor ,no matter which union represents which group,seems to be at the mercy of management.Hopefully the pendulum will swing back to labors side,but I'm not holding my breath.

Without representation, they would not have even factored into any consideration of maintaining employment EARLY in the game!

Nonetheless, I adamantly await the DAL merger "play-out" to see the shock on the faces of the flight attendants when they are told that the "seniority protection letter" was/is one-ply Charmin! :lol:

What will happen in future merger is an unknown. What is known is that the F/A's that were represented by the IAM were hosed over by there union "brothers/sisters" at AA.
What is known is that in both the DL/WA merger and the DL/PA asset purchase DL F/A without representation were protected.

Not so fast there Quicksdraw!There is a lot of anti-IAM sentiment amongst the CO FA's. The kool-aiders and Scabs in Mecca (IAH) rolled over before the company could say boo,with the IAM bending over like the sheep they are.In EWR,comprised of mostly commuters from closed bases (DEN,HNL,LAX,SEA) and the NY/NJ locals,the IAM is pretty much hated and viewed as weak at best.

Goodlordamercy! How many years ago did those bases close? If the commuters aren't over that yet, they need to find another job. Bases closing and opening are part of the game in the airline business. I know a flight attendant at AA who has been based in Nashville (where she has always lived) twice. There ain't no AA f/a base at Nashville (hasn't been for several years); so, she's back to commuting. And, she's not bitter about it.

Goodlordamercy! How many years ago did those bases close? If the commuters aren't over that yet, they need to find another job. Bases closing and opening are part of the game in the airline business. I know a flight attendant at AA who has been based in Nashville (where she has always lived) twice. There ain't no AA f/a base at Nashville (hasn't been for several years); so, she's back to commuting. And, she's not bitter about it.
I was replying to your previous post about how happy or unhappy the FA's at CO are with the IAM.Just as I wouldn't presume to know the sentiments of the FA's at AA based on a small sample ,,you shouldn't assume anything about the CO fa's because you know a handful.

Back to topic,my point is that All labor groups think the grass is greener.

Have a nice day. :D

...totally different Delta today. :blink:
Not really....If your not from Delta then it is hard to understand Delta.It has taken me 20 years to understand that what is true for the rest of the industry is just alittle different over here. When the non union groups take cuts the pilots do too.They may take them first but when the pilots complete their deal the upside returns are always included for the non contract groups. Hard for outsiders to understand just like it is hard for others to understand why you do not read very many Delta employees complaining on these boards.

Latest posts

Back