"WHY Delta-NorthWest Wont Work"

Nice try...Sir Richard,...But to tell Ya' the truth, A LOT of people really like our "quirky" friends from the frozen North, with their bright RED TAILS, and MSP...Their 747 Cargo Freighters,..and EVERYTHING that makes Them....THEM !

Maybe Doug Parker will still talk to you ??

http://money.cnn.com

Worried your beloved AA is going to get delegated a third row seat Bear? :unsure:
Or perhaps NW would prefer to be bought out by AA? Just ask those ex TWA employees how well AA treats fellow union brothers.

<_< Yeah Bear, what is it with you and this NW/DL merger thing? Do you lay awake at night thinking about this crap?

<_< Yeah Bear, what is it with you and this NW/DL merger thing? Do you lay awake at night thinking about this crap?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chucky,

Yours is a honest question, soooo....here goes.

What can I say, though retired, I still love this SCREWY business just as much as when I was Active.

As for DL/NW.
I DON'T blame DL for trying to "beef up" after coming out of BK, and even though it was a BAG JOB hiring Anderson, I don't blame them !

NW,

NW does NOT have to do this "thing".

I DON'T wont to see NW lose its name, because of DL, OR anybody !

Steenland is a RAT A$$ED faced weasel, thinking ONLY for himself, (and the guy that he's a accomplice with................aka...Richard Anderson)

L.M.A.O. :lol: But of course they will.... I hope they do, I guess it would kind of be like an impulse shooping experience similar to the one that they took in 2001; you know when UAL and US were to merge, so AA went to buy TWA to outdo UAL and US... Then the UAL & US deal fell through and AA had a situation on their hands, I guess the only difference would be NWA doesn't need AA or DAL, Therefore, they are not really up for sale.. I would say get ready for third row seat Nor'Easta. You will probably be better off not having to deal with the merger debacles, that AA is so kindly known for in the first place.

L.M.A.O. :lol: But of course they will.... I hope they do, I guess it would kind of be like an impulse shooping experience similar to the one that they took in 2001; you know when UAL and US were to merge, so AA went to buy TWA to outdo UAL and US... Then the UAL & US deal fell through and AA had a situation on their hands, I guess the only difference would be NWA doesn't need AA or DAL, Therefore, they are not really up for sale.. I would say get ready for third row seat Nor'Easta. You will probably be better off not having to deal with the merger debacles, that AA is so kindly known for in the first place.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WHOA....Hi-C,

Minus 9/11, the TWA deal would not have been a bad one for AA(not the LLC people),..sooooo, ...try not to make remarks that "may" have folks thinking that you "Think" like the New Kid on the Block !

Worried your beloved AA is going to get delegated a third row seat Bear? :unsure:
Or perhaps NW would prefer to be bought out by AA? Just ask those ex TWA employees how well AA treats fellow union brothers.

=================================================================

luv2fly,..................I've got 3 words for.......You !

"B-W-W"

Beware
Willie
Walsh

You've been "properly" notified !!

American Airlines Meets With Union Leaders to Discusses Potential Merger

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- American Airlines executives met with labor union leaders this week to discuss a potential merger with another carrier.

American spokesman Andy Backover said they've had meetings for more than a year regarding airline industry consolidation with the unions, which include the Transport Workers Union that represents ground workers and the Association of Professional Flight Attendants.

The meetings have been subject to a confidentiality agreement, preventing all parties from revealing details of the discussions, Backover told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

American Airlines Meets With Union Leaders to Discusses Potential Merger

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- American Airlines executives met with labor union leaders this week to discuss a potential merger with another carrier.

American spokesman Andy Backover said they've had meetings for more than a year regarding airline industry consolidation with the unions, which include the Transport Workers Union that represents ground workers and the Association of Professional Flight Attendants.

The meetings have been subject to a confidentiality agreement, preventing all parties from revealing details of the discussions, Backover told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

so Mikey, tell us what THB said?

NWA-Delta merger deal ready for airlines to sign

Jim Mone, Associated Press

But the announcement is on hold because pilots haven't agreed how to blend their seniority lists.

By LIZ FEDOR, Star Tribune

Last update: February 22, 2008 - 7:22 AM

The proposed combination of Northwest Airlines and Delta Air Lines, structured as a stock swap and including a $750 million investment from Air France-KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, is set to be unveiled as soon as the pilots from both carriers resolve issues surrounding seniority.

"The merger agreement is in fact ready to sign. It is done," a source familiar with the negotiations told the Star Tribune Thursday.
Having reviewed the details of the deal Wednesday, Northwest's board is expected to meet again to act on resolutions authorizing management to implement the merger, the source said.

Link