Why I Voted Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Review the facts…Make up your own mind…and then vote!!!

May 9, 2012
This upcoming vote is your chance to decide the next step. We urge you, before voting, to carefully review the facts so that you will be fully informed before making this important decision for you and your family. Note that we have made no recommendation on how you should vote. We have, however, provided you with considerable information to assist you in making your choice.
Given the importance of this decision, it is regrettable, but not surprising, that some believe that their particular view of how members should vote is so clearly correct that it justifies misstating the requirements of the law that applies to us, the terms of the choice before you, and attacking those who view these issues differently. We ask that you put these unhelpful assaults to the side, and focus on a review of the facts:
  • The voting opens at 12:01 AM CT on Thursday, May 10, 2012 and closes at 11:59 PM CT on Monday, May 14, 2012.
  • This vote is legally unrelated to the currently proposed US Airways take over and merger. Neither a “yes” nor a “no” vote will prevent this possible merger. This vote is only about what conditions you will work under at AA – in the absence of such a merger it is now unclear how likely such a merger is to take place.
  • If you vote “yes,” you will be voting to accept the April 2012 “last best offer” (LBO) of the company. This will become a binding contract, with a 6-year duration.
  • If you vote “no,” and the judge grants AA’s 1113 motion to reject our CBAs, the Company will be able to impose its March 22nd “ask” proposed before the hearings began on its motion to reject our CBAs, and the Company has made clear throughout these proceedings that this is what it intends to do. If our contract is rejected we will be working under these imposed terms and conditions until we negotiate a new agreement. We have no contract at all and we enter into negotiations for what is in essence a first ever contract. During this period, after we exit bankruptcy, there is no status quo protection. This means that while AA is bargaining, the Company may argue that under past court decisions, it can change anything it wants to change. AA has already indicated that it will only impose the terms of the March 22nd 1113 ask- as we expect. But there is no guarantee that will be the case. As opposed to the situation where there is a consensual agreement in which it is clear the status quo must be observed.
The case law in the jurisdiction in which American has filed its petition states that we do not have the right to strike in the event the Company’s motion to reject is granted and it imposes concessions. The existence of this case law is one reason American filed in New York. We have made clear to the court that we do not agree with this precedent and also stated throughout these proceedings that we intend to strongly argue against the validity of these decisions in the event of contract rejection. However, it is not reasonable to believe that the courts are likely to change their minds, particularly because the decisions on this matter are not only recent, but were decided by the highest federal court in this jurisdiction, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
We have provided considerable information, including actual language and side by side comparisons of the LBO and the March “Ask”. Please carefully review this material. This is an important choice and we urge you to review the documents which describe and set out the terms that will govern your work life depending on the decision you and your brothers and sisters make.
Review the facts…then decide…Review the materials at www.twubkfacts.org.
BGles-copy.png
JLittle.png
Deputy Director
AASystem Coordinator
Air Transport Division International President

1st LBO SCARE LETTER!!

I too voted Yes. Too many unknowns if I were to turn it down and face abrogation of my contract. I think based off of my opinion I would have launched myself off into the abyss for 6 long years from what I have read a researched. I suspected, and had found through the U.S.C Section 1113 that abrogation would mean no timeline to establish a new status quo or (contract) and felt I would have to bear the burden of the companies terms of employment without raises, Industry average after 36mos, early Section 6 opener after 48mos, profit sharing, gain sharing plan, matching 401k, Frozen Pension, and etc....best of luck to all, and at least participate and vote....

Yes, and if when unions started back in the 1800's people had feared the unknown like you we would all still be peasants!!

YYeaassss Wilbur

This is why. Makes more sense than anything any of the naysayers have come up with.

"The theory that there will be either expeditious negotiations or a quick release in the wake of the rejection of our contract by the Bankruptcy Court is, at best, pure speculation. What is not speculation is that, while this process is playing out over the course of years the membership will be unneccessarily fuloughed or downgraded. The bottom line is that no work group has ever fared better after having its contract rejected in bankruptcy and those advocating such strategy will be unable to point to a single instance in which it worked."

So get to pointing all you industry sages out there!

grrrrrr

As much as I hate to say it he is correct.
I do not care who says what,only if it makes sense or not.
Amfa=yes
Anyone else ? probably yes.
TWU ?no.
Vote on Contract? unfortunatelly yes.

Talked with two cleaner employees and one building cleaner today that will be furloghed.

They are all three voting NO trying to stay at work every possible day they can.

I was not expecting that. I really thought they would be yes voters.

As much as I hate to say it he is correct.
I do not care who says what,only if it makes sense or not.
Amfa=yes
Anyone else ? probably yes.
TWU ?no.
Vote on Contract? unfortunatelly yes.

Actually he is doing his own speculating while accusing others of doing the same.

I take the title of this thread as a question and my
choices are:
A) You're a moron.
B) You're not really employed with AA but you pretend
to be.
C) You're a moron.
D) Both A and B are correct.

I choose D.

Only a moron would allow this t/a to pass knowing full
well that there is still language unwritten. Only a moron
would willfully accept more concessions when the
company continues to lie to you saying they need more
concessions to survive blaming labor for their woes but
makes a profit WITHOUT more concessions.

You aren't the only moron though. It see as if
Your alter ego hss is voting yes. Huh! Who'd have
figured that one?

I too voted Yes. Too many unknowns if I were to turn it down and face abrogation of my contract. I think based off of my opinion I would have launched myself off into the abyss for 6 long years from what I have read a researched. I suspected, and had found through the U.S.C Section 1113 that abrogation would mean no timeline to establish a new status quo or (contract) and felt I would have to bear the burden of the companies terms of employment without raises, Industry average after 36mos, early Section 6 opener after 48mos, profit sharing, gain sharing plan, matching 401k, Frozen Pension, and etc....best of luck to all, and at least participate and vote....

I voted No on the last offer & even held a vote No sign in front of the base but I voted YES on this one because I know what the line has planned for Overhaul & I'm hoping to get one last contract, then get out before their diabolical plan can take place, I think it will pass but we all have to do what is in our and our families best interest & I just did. :rolleyes: I know some will be mad but their are always winners & losers in every contest, I'm hoping to win one last time & get the hell out of this business BEFORE it all goes to hell.
I'm sick & tired of all the turmoil & dealing with crap.

Pension Plan
Retirement Medical
Vacation
Work Rules
Job Security
Scope Clause
5 Day Work Week
Equity Stake in new company
Limits on OSM's

Transport Workers Union of America

International Brotherhood of Teamsters

VOTE NO

I voted No on the last offer & even held a vote No sign in front of the base but I voted YES on this one because I know what the line has planned for Overhaul & I'm hoping to get one last contract, then get out before their diabolical plan can take place, I think it will pass but we all have to do what is in our and our families best interest & I just did. :rolleyes: I know some will be mad but their are always winners & losers in every contest, I'm hoping to win one last time & get the hell out of this business BEFORE it all goes to hell.

Thanks for screwing those who still have to work here.

You need a toothpick, there is a piece of turd stuck between your front teeth also.

I am not suprised at all though. At least you are predictable.
Congratulations, I know you are relieved.

Your emoticon is a clueless smiley face..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back