Why jetBlue Should Worry

Ah yes...the performance of the stock should trump customer service. THAT is what's wrong with America today...this focus on stock prices...what's the best way to boost the stock? Implement changes that impact customer service....

Price ..price ...price...thats ALL the average consumer thinks about probably including you. So get off your high horse about customer service and get back into reality. The American consumer has spoken and they are getting what they want.

Price ..price ...price...thats ALL the average consumer thinks about probably including you. So get off your high horse about customer service and get back into reality. The American consumer has spoken and they are getting what they want.
YOu'd be wrong there. I've paid MORE for a ticket because the schedule was better for me. I've paid FULL FARE on Southwest because I needed the flexiblity more than once. I think that too much focus is on stock performance...I could care less what Wall Street thinks. The ideal company on Wall Street is run by a CEO and NOBODY else. If they had no pilots, FA's or ground crews, Wall Street would love them. You're right customers are getting what they want....airfares that don't cover the cost of fuel. But to Wall Street, they'd rather see an airline lay off 1,000 employees than raise an airfare. Wall Street punished Costco because Costco treated their employees too well....cut the employees pay and benefits and Wall Street would have loved them. And this thread is that JetBlue should worry because of some Wall Street ANALyst is concerned. All I'm saying is that Wall Street punishes because of a customer service snafu, but Wall Streets number one indicator of "action" is steps that REDUCE the chances of another snafu. Wall Street is what's wrong with this country. Shareholder value rules. It wasn't that long ago that shareholder value took third place behind customer and employee satisfaction.

I don't think jetBlue should worry. From what I can tell, stock prices mean nothing to the airlines. They fluctuate at an alarming pace.

jetBlue will survive. Their customer service is outstanding. They are expanding their gates at hubs. They were hit with a bit of bad publicity last year over their long delays on the tarmac. Let's face it, some of us know the real reason why jets won't return to gates. We don't want to mention the ALMIGHTY, though, do we?!!!

jetBlue came in with attitude and if you don't take it seriously, you should! Their direct flights are fantastic. Their low airfares, well I won't get into that.

Nobody seems to really say anything bad about jetBlue. Even someone who claims they were stuck on the tarmac on that infamous day for hours, still comes out of a jetBlue gate. Stocks go down, maybe to tempt a merger frenzy??? Lufthanza bought 19% last I heard. The NYC stronghold would make any airline lucky to merge with jB.

Let me just point out a few observations. jetBlue's customer service starts at the curb, unlike any other airline I observed(can't speak for SW since they don't fly to my hub). Their skycaps go up to the cars and ask if they are flying JB, if they can help them, give them direction, and tell them to have a nice day if they fly with others or prefer to check inside. Others wait until they are paged or the customer, oops, I mean passenger goes up to them!

Yeah, I guess it's jetBlue who should worry!!!

First of all, this wall street reporter must have not eaten his bran muffin that morning. The airline I work for had a all management meeting last week in PHX. (gee guess which airline I work for) They broke down by what passengers want most and are influenced by..........

Price ..
Schedule....
Freq. Flyer Prog..
IFE (Inflight Entertainment System)....

Yes, IFE and admitted JetBlue was brilliant in launching IFE as part of their program as a startup airline. Customers will continue to flock to B6 as long as the price is best. The real problem is with fuel cost and B6 having to anti up on alot of the costs that were not there 5 years ago, this is obviously having an impact and hopefully they will be able to weather the storm. I dont see B6 having a major baggage problem with most of their network being point to point with a decent connection system at JFK.