Why visit this site?

PhxMama

Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
As someone who stumbled upon this site, I'm still a little in awe of all your knowledge and willingness to help each other out. Its great knowing how responsive this board is and the exchange of info is most valuable and insightful. I know there are many employees and frequent flyers who visit this site and have been wondering how you came across this site and why you keep coming back. Many times the friendly jabbing reminds me of siblings infighting and I have to laugh. Many of you seem to have been corresponding for a long time and for example PITBULL, you've obviously have gained a great deal of respect here. DellDude if there was a class clown voted you would be it! By, the way PITBULL would definately be class prez! Have any of you ever gottem together in person, is that allowed or would you not want to be outed? Do you think managment monitors this board and if they dont do you think they should or would you want they to stay away? Do you think they ever listen and try to improve operations? Any replies would be welcome!

PHx,

Some of us (employees, and Pax) have met each other through the years and have established genuine friendships. We share our opinions and information with one another that maybe beneficial to many who visit this site, as well as give some insight and prospective in hope of change. We all have learned that exposing certain events in our history is paramount and forces postive change in many instances.

It also serves as unification among employees of different groups and with pax.

We know that managment frequents this board often (probably daily) and we don't want to discourage their input as well. This site serves as purpose for sharing information, opinions, perspective, history with many, which I believe gives folks a micro picture as well as macro picture of what happens in this airline, as well as the similarities between other airlines in the industry.

The industry is evolving, and we are all a part of that evolution...some positive; some negative.

If you are genuine...then :D welcome!

1. "friendly jabbing reminds me of sibling infighting"
.....we are like half-brothers and sisters. Two families forced to try to become one. We don't trust each other completely, but are in the same "house." Two sets of pilots, F/A, Mech, F/S, C/S, Res all have their own agenda, will be interesting to see if they can ever pull together and share ideas, gripes, complaints....or if they stay devided for life.
2. PITBULL. Never met her, probably never will. Would vote for her for Pres of USA. Wish she had been leader of IAM-F/S. Much respect for this lady.
3. Does managment monitor this site? Yes. Wouldn't be surprised if it is not one of the vp's job to read it daily and report...."Yep, they are still fighting with each other. As long as we can keep them doing that, they don't stand a chance agains us."
4. Do I think they ever listen and try to imporve? Why, heck yes! There is a certain pilot that they listen to and confer with daily.....as to the rest of us, not a chance. Employees are give numbers for a reason, and the only number that matters to management is the number of commas in their salary, both now and after leaving!
5. Just found out they took about the last thing yesterday or the day before from retirees.....Now
Pension coming from PBGC
Health plan handled by COBRA
Now seniority counts for nothing after 38+ yrs
What else is there left?......
Why do I keep coming back? Don't as often as I used to....come to see if employees are still getting screwed and to see if there is anything left that they have found to take away.

Management definatley monitors this board. In fact I think PITMTC whether or not it is his assigned mission is one of the leading company monitors.

Phxmama first of all I'd love to meet you. I too have known some of those on this site--even sat with one on the new livery. Yes, management looks at the site, but you know what--I learned more about the contract negotiations from this page than anywhere else. I have also talked to some CP people and they are great!!! Even got one on the phone one day and he guessed my name. It was fun. I got to show him just how great US West was.

I use this site to post my opinions and ideas on subjects and to learn from others who have a great deal of knowledge about what goes on that not all of us see.

Yep. That's pretty much it for me.

Like Prince of PAWOBS, I come here to learn. It's interesting to see what other people think and why. I know it's changed my opinion on more than one subject.

It's given me a lot of insight. I think I am learning more about each department and how they work.

I came over here after PlaneBusiness decided to charge for the use of their boards. I do miss Holly's analyses but just can't afford it any more.

Dea

I visit the site as a passenger and I initially came here because it seemed to have the best information about the changes that U was going to be going through coming out of their second BR. While I agree with some others on this board that there is a lot of whining and needless complaining (I'm guilty too) I think it gives everyone a chance to vent frustration in its proper forum.

The insights offered by the employees are also important to the FF. It helps us to better understand what you guys have been through (and I'm not claiming to feel your pain, but I do think by reading this board I at least have a better idea of why some things happen as they do in day to day operations).

As far as manangement watching these boards; if they're not they are missing the best opportunity to right a listing ship that they could possibly have. It's the people in the field that have the answers, not the pencil pushers in the office.

Finally, some of these folks are funny as hell and who doesn't like a good laugh?

Management definatley monitors this board. In fact I think PITMTC whether or not it is his assigned mission is one of the leading company monitors.
Oh REALLLLLLLLLLY! Don't think That will tailor my threads......when they can make me BELIEVE then and only THEN will I be less of a critic.(Furthermore, if they did read many of the posts they would seriously try to change their ways......otherwise we are ALL just treading water.

Oh REALLLLLLLLLLY! Don't think That will tailor my threads......when they can make me BELIEVE then and only THEN will I be less of a critic.(Furthermore, if they did read many of the posts they would seriously try to change their ways......otherwise we are ALL just treading water.
?????????????

Back