Why was the Usairways IAM Mechanic and Related Profit Sharing form the East with the West?

wrencher9

Oct 14, 2003
This question has been asked and petitions sent to the District 142. But what was stated by the local union rep. was that Roach and the International stepped back and the final decision was in the hands of the District and PDGC Mr. Tom Higginbotham. He made the decision . As it was stated was that it is in the East contract and not the West contract that any IAM represented member would get the Profit Sharing. As you can see much latitude was taken on the part of Mr. Higginbotham. There are many ideas why he did this and many of the AGCs and Local Presidents disagreed with this decision along with the membership in the East . No one in the East disagrees with the West getting Profit Sharing but it should come out of Usairways profit and not out the East Profit Sharing amount. I am using this format because usig the regular channels and talking to Mr. Higginbotham went on deaf ears. I am now stating that we have enpowered the District and Mr. Higginbotham to do what they want and not listen to the membership as a Union is to do. As was stated that the District and the IAM International was looking how to stop Class Action Lawsuits; knowing that the West was going to sue but they felt that the East would not because it would tieup their Profit Sharing money. The bottom line is the Union that represents you are to listen to what you have to say and not dictate what they are going to do. The Union did not listen to the voice of the majority but to the voice of the Company . :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

During a crew meeting we were told the same thing, we were overuled by the International, specifically Mr Higginbotham. They were afraid of the outcome of a threatened lawsuit by those in the West. They lost the suit brought by the Ex Trump guys which cost them $$ and were afraid of the same thing here.

Look for lots of members becoming dues objectors as the paperwork on the "how to" has been going around. One of the drawbacks....you don't get to vote.....like it really matters!!! :down:

Tom Higginbotham is not an Internationl Rep nor employee, is the PDGC of District 142.

DL 141 headed up by Randy Canale did the samething.

I believe it did come from the International and not the District.

Well, then he is the scapegoat as his name is the one that is being associated with overuling the membership on this matter. :down:

I don't agree with the west partaking East's share of money, but I never saw the membership vote on not giving it to them so how where they overuled?

I don't agree with the west partaking East's share of money, but I never saw the membership vote on not giving it to them so how where they overuled?
The bottom line is the money should of never came from the East side of the pool period! You never saw a vote because their never was a vote because the International knew what the out come would be! There were numerous petetions going around that I am sure the international saw!

True there never was an official vot, but most stations were visited and we were asked how we felt about the entire profit sharing ordeal......

During a crew meeting we were told the same thing, we were overuled by the International, specifically Mr Higginbotham. They were afraid of the outcome of a threatened lawsuit by those in the West. They lost the suit brought by the Ex Trump guys which cost them $$ and were afraid of the same thing here.

Look for lots of members becoming dues objectors as the paperwork on the "how to" has been going around. One of the drawbacks....you don't get to vote.....like it really matters!!! :down:

You're going to have to wait until October to cry about dues objection.I think you only save around 15 bucks anyway...like you're going to break IAM's back :lol:

If you really want to cry and cry loud...start grievances and class action suits and stick with it.Might take a couple years or more but only way IAM will listen to the membership is through legal channels.
All you have to do is exhaust the contractual grievance procedures and then you're free to go legal.
IAM just can't quash this....unless of course,you let them quash it ;)

Try fighting for once instead of cowering in a corner of the hangar and collectively crying.

They were afraid of the outcome of a threatened lawsuit by those in the West.
What..the sissies in the East aren't allowed to file a class action lawsuit?Oh,I forgot...theres only about 5 people in the East that actually care about what goes on... :lol:

Hey,no one ever mentioned a vote,we were visited by Tony G,and Tom B and they said the east wasnt getting s@&%..period.So when your told this why would you think anything else.

And I think the terms used in the explanation are pretty lame. (represented members) what a crock..its like the man says........new boss same as the old boss... :down: :down: :down:

Hey,no one ever mentioned a vote,we were visited by Tony G,and Tom B and they said the east wasnt getting s@&%..period.So when your told this why would you think anything else.

And I think the terms used in the explanation are pretty lame. (represented members) what a crock..its like the man says........new boss same as the old boss... :down: :down: :down:

Quit your crying and do something about it...

Question for you east IAM members. It's about the profit sharing and if the company (THE NEW US AIRWAYS) (LCC) that we all work for east and west made money, and was to give IAM and other union members, did they use the PROFITS from the west side of the company. My point being did the Company screw the unions out of West Profits that was made as the New US Airways per union contracts or language? I Have worked for this company here long enough to know about Arizona MATH. :rolleyes: JUST WANTED TO STIR THE POT A LITTLE. :shock: As I Have Said SAME BOSS AS THE OLD BOSS!!

For you boy's and girl's that don't know what Arizona Math is! Back in the bankrupt days of AWA in 1991 we took a 10% PAY CUT and a Pay Freeze. When we came out of BK they gave us 10% back and reset the pay scales. Look hard at this (The Arizona Math Trick) You make $14.50 hr minis 10% = $13.05 Still looking, Then they gave us back 10% after BK so 13.05 plus 10% = $14.35 and lowered the pay scale. You boys just now are starting to learn who you are playing with. :lol:

:lol: Next I will tell you about the PAY FOR PERFORMANCE WE HAD. WHAT A JOKE THAT WAS! :lol: :lol: Have a good one my IAM UNION BROTHERS. :up:

And as a side note This was all before we lost the C-checks in 1995 and before the Union was in place in 1996.

For you boy's and girl's that don't know what Arizona Math is! Back in the bankrupt days of AWA in 1991 we took a 10% PAY CUT and a Pay Freeze. When we came out of BK they gave us 10% back and reset the pay scales. Look hard at this (The Arizona Math Trick) You make $14.50 hr minis 10% = $13.05 Still looking, Then they gave us back 10% after BK so 13.05 plus 10% = $14.35 and lowered the pay scale. You boys just now are starting to learn who you are playing with. :lol:

:lol: Next I will tell you about the PAY FOR PERFORMANCE WE HAD. WHAT A JOKE THAT WAS! :lol: :lol: Have a good one my IAM UNION BROTHERS. :up:

And as a side note This was all before we lost the C-checks in 1995 and before the Union was in place in 1996.

Look here Mister Rich Hedd....all from east experienced much more for a longer period than your piss ass AWA BK...and don't you ever try to compare either.All endured hardship..lets not split hairs here and now....focus on what the two groups can attain....don't be a Dick...

700UW can give a detailed account on how it sucked on the east side so do not try and patronize us ......today,smack...

with all due respect......:mf_boff:

Look here Mister Rich Hedd....all from east experienced much more for a longer period than your piss ass AWA BK...and don't you ever try to compare either.All endured hardship..lets not split hairs here and now....focus on what the two groups can attain....don't be a Dick...

700UW can give a detailed account on how it sucked on the east side so do not try and patronize us ......today,smack...

with all due respect......:mf_boff:
patronize us? Look here Meat Head I have fought this Company a lot longer that you in the east have, and have Walked out during negotiations to help get a contract! What I am pointing out is we need to learn from one another. As far as your comment of our piss ass AWA BK, walk a mile in our shoes and the last 12 years. When will the east learn we are on your side the same side and stop treating west like some DUMB-ASS cowboys! Would you like the poor little AWA employees to go to their rooms and put our little nose's in the corner so you BIG BAD US Airways can show us how the big boys play. IMPO You can take your Arrogant Bankrupt Airline and pack sand. This merger was different from the mergers US airways Inc. as done in the past(PSA and so on). When will you learn that you work for US Airways Group Inc. and the New CEO Knows how to stall/play tricks and play head games better than any CEO out there. So if you feel I am being a DICK as you say by pointing out what we have learned in the west the last 12 years with YOUR NEW CEO AND COMPANY BOYS! I guess I need to put my nose in my corner in my little airline room an come out when you big airline boys call for us little airline IAM members. With all due respect pack sand, we in the west are ready to fight! is the east? and one last thing did the east IAM Contract language cover both east and west profits the COMPANY US AIRWAYS GROUP INC. made? as I have said we have seen the games, did they screw east out of more profit shares they were due from the west side of the Airline? The Airline We All Work FOR US Airways Group Inc.???????(change of control)??? If some one has that part of the contract I would love to read it. and DELL good night with all due respect! :lol:

You were not entilted to one cent from the profit sharing if you can learn to read the language.

We have been fighting since 1949, your company was not even a dream yet, so don't tell the East you have done more.

You have no clue nor any idea of the battles that were fought on the East.

Back