wikipedia articles on NW predecessor

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Wikipedia has entries for RC and its SO and RW predecessors, but no article about North Central. Is there someone from this board who isup to the challenge and has the time? (Doesn't Herman deserve to be recognized?)

The Airwest and Republic entries are OK, but could use more depth; the one on Southern is the best. ( I never knew about the Souuthern shot glasses!)

Wikipedia has entries for RC and its SO and RW predecessors, but no article about North Central. Is there someone from this board who isup to the challenge and has the time? (Doesn't Herman deserve to be recognized?)

The Airwest and Republic entries are OK, but could use more depth; the one on Southern is the best. ( I never knew about the Souuthern shot glasses!)
I noticed the same thing. I loved North Central-but don't know enough about it to write an article. I do have a vintage commercial from Hughes Airwest that I got from YouTube. It's awesome! I would also like to know if any of the Airwest originals (Pacific, West Coast, Bonanza) still work for NWA.

When I first started at NW out there, the ramp roster was chock-full of Pacific, Air West, and Bonanza guys. Definitely lots of interesting stories about lots of little stations!

I'm just lucky that I got "the book" for free. :lol:

When I first started at NW out there, the ramp roster was chock-full of Pacific, Air West, and Bonanza guys. Definitely lots of interesting stories about lots of little stations!

Yes you are! Growing up in Michigan, my Dad always took me to Metro to watch North Central (and then Republic) planes all day long!
Then, I remember my aunt visiting family in Alabama. We took her to her flight in Detroit, I believe it was Southern, and she swore afterwards the plane had tape on the wings. I believed her for the longest time!

There's a gal in Memphis that use to fly for 'Bonanza'.... she's going to retire soon (so she says) sweet gal. When someone mentioned that we got this image of her in an epidsode of..... Bonanza :lol:

Latest posts

Back