Will Alpa And Management Reach An Agreement?

TheDog2004 said:
DALPA leadership is not interested in negotiating with Delta, but is interested in falling on the sword for the sake of all pilots in order to be 'martyrs to the profession'. They don't care who gets hurt. Malone will be rewarded with a nice position at ALPA national for doing so.

Crazy people are in charge over there, and they should be committed if they don't get arrested first.
[post="180985"][/post]​

I think you have it backwards. DL managment is not negotiating, and the ATA is going after a massive restructuring of the industry. Your statement about Malone is unfounded. IMO, the vast majority of DL pilots support him and the MEC.

Really? You really think Delta pilots are that much better than everyone else in the industry?

What the hell do Delta pilots do that others don't? Why do they deserve to be paid much more?

The additional pay needs to be justified.

TheDog2004 said:
Really? You really think Delta pilots are that much better than everyone else in the industry?

What the hell do Delta pilots do that others don't? Why do they deserve to be paid much more?

The additional pay needs to be justified.
[post="181045"][/post]​

Who said DL pilots are better than everyone else?
Not me.

luv2fly said:
He will have to get it through the courts. BK is coming regardless of a pilot deal. Prepare yourself for it. The pilot concessions mean nothing unless there is a complete restructuring of our debt. And your 30% is a lowball figure. The proposed paycut is 35% with and additional 10-15% in concessions and benefits.
Right now there is a 300 million dollar difference in the "hands". I don't see a deal happening soon enough to stave off BK.
[post="180720"][/post]​
It's quite amusing listening to you people pontificate about pay cuts. You sure do sound sure of yourselves. Where exactly do you come up with 35% plus 10-15%. Are you an airline analyst? You know, one of those people that read airline stories in the paper and then comment on them. Do you have access to Delta's financial books? Where exactly do you come up with these percentages that you seem so sure of? The fact is you people don't KNOW a thing. Opinion and commentary are fine but please spare us your expert analysis.

TheDog2004 said:
DALPA leadership is not interested in negotiating with Delta, but is interested in falling on the sword for the sake of all pilots in order to be 'martyrs to the profession'. They don't care who gets hurt. Malone will be rewarded with a nice position at ALPA national for doing so.

Crazy people are in charge over there, and they should be committed if they don't get arrested first.
[post="180985"][/post]​

Congrats...is the ink still wet on your MBA from "Bean Counters-AM-I"? You obviously know squat about management-labor relations, specifically the history of ALPA and the piloting profession.
Good luck working that dead-end airline job you advocate!

emily said:
It's quite amusing listening to you people pontificate about pay cuts. You sure do sound sure of yourselves. Where exactly do you come up with 35% plus 10-15%. Are you an airline analyst? You know, one of those people that read airline stories in the paper and then comment on them. Do you have access to Delta's financial books? Where exactly do you come up with these percentages that you seem so sure of? The fact is you people don't KNOW a thing. Opinion and commentary are fine but please spare us your expert analysis.
[post="181629"][/post]​

What expert am I? I am a DL pilot who has seen the proposal. What more proof do you desire? These numbers are not speculation, and not an analysis. I am glad you are amused.

emily said:
Do you have access to Delta's financial books?
[post="181629"][/post]​

The real question here is...

Do you actually work for Delta or another airline? Or are you one of those passengers who thinks they know everything? :rolleyes:

luv2fly said:
What expert am I? I am a DL pilot who has seen the proposal. What more proof do you desire? These numbers are not speculation, and not an analysis. I am glad you are amused.
[post="181695"][/post]​
My point exactly. It's a management PROPOSAL. The pilot proposal was 9% and is now 23%. The end result could be 23% or 35% or anywhere in between.

Latest posts

Back