Will JFK T8 become first One World Hub?

Barfbag

Veteran
Oct 30, 2006
CAL -which recently joined Star Alliance, announced today that it will move its airport operations at both Paris/Charles de Gaulle and Barcelona this month as part of its continuing effort to provide easy connections between its flights and those of other Star Alliance airlines.

Will JFK T8 become first One World Hub??

How will TWU react to OAL ground handlers?

CAL -which recently joined Star Alliance, announced today that it will move its airport operations at both Paris/Charles de Gaulle and Barcelona this month as part of its continuing effort to provide easy connections between its flights and those of other Star Alliance airlines.

Didn't BA do that at LHR with their new terminal? They brought all Oneworld members in the same building.

And yes I agree that T8 will be a Oneworld hub. Word is that they will continue building the last concourse.

React? :D C'mon, you know better than that.

Business as usual and the RIF's will continue unabated.There is already talk of another cut at the end of November as well as the already planned January RIF.

First of all AA does not operate out of T5 in London which is the new Brittish Airways terminal and there are no plans in the near future to move there..........So no not all the oneworld terminal are together at LHR.
Second there are no plans for AA to complete the rest of T8 at JFK at all.......I was told by a manager NOT AA if someone else wants to build fine but it wont be AA.........I doubt T8 at JFK will become a oneworld hub.......AA is having a hard time getting new carriers to come to this terminal........Iberia used to operate out of the old terminal 8 years ago and the have no intention of coming back...........Sorry I just do not see T8 becoming a Oneworld hub.

Didn't BA do that at LHR with their new terminal? They brought all Oneworld members in the same building.

That would have made sense, but BA's new palace (which cost a whopping $8 billion and makes JFK-T8 $1.3 billion look cheap by comparison) is just BA, and some BA flights are still at the old T-3 (where AA still resides). Skyteam and Star Alliance are more consolidated than Oneworld.

And yes I agree that T8 will be a Oneworld hub. Word is that they will continue building the last concourse.

Oneworld's formation was announced around the same time as the new JFK T-8 was announced; I never understood why the plan didn't include consolidating the OW airlines in the new terminal.

First of all AA does not operate out of T5 in London which is the new Brittish Airways terminal and there are no plans in the near future to move there..........So no not all the oneworld terminal are together at LHR.
Second there are no plans for AA to complete the rest of T8 at JFK at all.......I was told by a manager NOT AA if someone else wants to build fine but it wont be AA.........I doubt T8 at JFK will become a oneworld hub.......AA is having a hard time getting new carriers to come to this terminal........Iberia used to operate out of the old terminal 8 years ago and the have no intention of coming back...........Sorry I just do not see T8 becoming a Oneworld hub.

Are there not some Oneworld members at the BA LHR terminal? I didn't say ALL were there. My sources tell me differently..(BT who is retiring) MD versus a MGR.....
But hey if you say we're not,,,then can you pick next weeks lottery numbers for me? :rolleyes:

FWAAA said:
Oneworld's formation was announced around the same time as the new JFK T-8 was announced; I never understood why the plan didn't include consolidating the OW airlines in the new terminal.

One would think having most, if not all of one's alliance partners under one roof would vastly simplify connections and transfers as opposed to having them arrive at JFK and have to navigate around the airport to catch another alliance flight,but American Airlines doesn't think like that.

Seamless connections between alliance partners? Makes too much sense and if one of our accountants didn't think of it, it'll never happen.

Are there not some Oneworld members at the BA LHR terminal? I didn't say ALL were there. My sources tell me differently..(BT who is retiring) MD versus a MGR.....
But hey if you say we're not,,,then can you pick next weeks lottery numbers for me? :rolleyes:
If you know, what airlines operate from T5 at LHR, say so. American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, Royal Jordanian, Finnair, Japan,lIberia, and Quantas all operate from T3.

If Brian said it, it's likely to be true. I worked for him in the early 90's, and his post-AA gig sounds way cool.

BA is still the only operator at T5. Oneworld is still fairly consolidated at T3 on the routes served by at least two of the carriers. All the BA metal to SYD/MEL/PER/BKK/SIN, BCN/MAD, HEL, LIS, and NCE is operated out of T3, and they just upgraded the lounge pavilion from what I recall. Main reason -- with the exception of NCE and LIS, these markets are heavily shared between BA and QF, IB, and AY.

They also codeshare with CX on LHR-HKG, so I'm a little surprised they don't run HKG out of T3.

At JFK, remember that BA also has a long term lease on their terminal, so they're not in any hurry to move unless the Port makes it worth their while. Also pretty certain that BA's employees at JFK are unionized (likewise for AA's in LHR), so there won't be any "contract handling" if they do co-locate. You'll simply see AA sub-lease out dedicated space to BA, and they'll handle their own flights. TWU can piss and moan about space being rented out, but last time I checked it's not a scope violation to sublease real-estate not owned by AA.

That wont happen because AA doesnt allow any other vendors to work the ramp. If any One World Parnter moves to T8 theyll be paying for total package. Looking at JFK BA isnt moving from their terminal they invested to much on upgrades and they compete for the same customer(s) (airline(s)) as AA does. JAL invest money on T1 but a vendor operates T1. EI(T4) IB(T7) LA(T4) RJ(T4) QF(T7) CX(T7) AY(T8) MX(T8) might move to T8 if the price is right excluding the two airlines in T8!!!!
Theirs many differences between the Alliances. Star Alliance uses marking and many other thing for their members to save them moneys. This is the first time one world has a livery on airplane other than their small logo on the entrance!!!!

Oneworld airlines are consolidated at NRT in T2 except for BA, which did not move to T2 when JAL joined OW.

Frequent flyers theorized that it was to keep the riff-raff out of the BA lounge (BA is notorious for not welcoming OW elites into the BA lounges).

Little clarification here on my part..I was actually asking if BA did that at LHR and if they brought Oneworld members in the same terminal. I forget to put the second question mark after the second sentence. I was asking because I was under the impression that was what they did with the new terminal and I really have no clue who operates out of there.

And as for the continuation of the last concourse at JFK, I did hear it will be completed.

Sorry if my sources differ from other people's sources.

That wont happen because AA doesnt allow any other vendors to work the ramp. If any One World Parnter moves to T8 theyll be paying for total package.

Not true, AA/TWU has allowed other aircraft maintenance firms to work on the ramp for years while all other departments work the OALs.

Little clarification here on my part..I was actually asking if BA did that at LHR and if they brought Oneworld members in the same terminal. I forget to put the second question mark after the second sentence. I was asking because I was under the impression that was what they did with the new terminal and I really have no clue who operates out of there.

And as for the continuation of the last concourse at JFK, I did hear it will be completed.

Sorry if my sources differ from other people's sources.

AGAIN I GOT THIS FROM UPPER MANAGEMENT AT JFK......AA WILL NOT COMPLETE THE REST
OF THE TERMINAL AT JFK........THE COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE THE MONEY.......AA WOULD PROBABLY AGREE TO ANOTHER AIRLINE COMING IN AN FINISHING IT THEY WANT TO BUT AGAIN AA IS DONE
BUILDING ITS PART OF THE TERMINAL AT JFK AND THERE ARE NO FURTHER PLANS TO BUILD ANYTHING
ELSE IN THE FORSEABLE FUTURE.

AGAIN I GOT THIS FROM UPPER MANAGEMENT AT JFK......AA WILL NOT COMPLETE THE REST
OF THE TERMINAL AT JFK........THE COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE THE MONEY.......AA WOULD PROBABLY AGREE TO ANOTHER AIRLINE COMING IN AN FINISHING IT THEY WANT TO BUT AGAIN AA IS DONE
BUILDING ITS PART OF THE TERMINAL AT JFK AND THERE ARE NO FURTHER PLANS TO BUILD ANYTHING
ELSE IN THE FORSEABLE FUTURE.

Whatever...No need to use caps as you're obviously angry about something.

Back