winter suspension of service

IORFA

Veteran
Feb 7, 2003
Just found out that ORD-DUB is going seasonal along with ORD-FRA. I am surprised by both developments. ORD-DUB w;is a 757 and was operated 4 days a week during last winter and ORD-FRA was always year round. I am surprised they aren't going to run it a few days a week during the winter. As of now they are both in res to come back APR 5 2011. There are rumblings that ORD-BRU will suffer the same fate as well and take a break during the winter. Anyone from other bases have any updates from their station? So far ORD-MAN is 6 days a week in the winter. It won't operate on Tuesday as of today.

We are also losing JFK-FCO for the winter. I am waiting to hear about more cancellations because we are getting JFK-GIG and JFK- Haneda in the fall and you know we can't ever INCREASE flying.

We are also losing JFK-FCO for the winter. I am waiting to hear about more cancellations because we are getting JFK-GIG and JFK- Haneda in the fall and you know we can't ever INCREASE flying.
Oh funny... I thought with all these new Oneworld partners (BA,JAL,IB) we were going to add new flying.... Yeah right ...

Oh funny... I thought with all these new Oneworld partners (BA,JAL,IB) we were going to add new flying.... Yeah right ...

Antitrust immunity for the transatlantic joint business agreement (AA/BA/IB) has not yet been officially approved by the EU or the DOT. Once final approval has been granted, I expect to see increased flying. MAH4546 has explained recently that since the parties are not yet free to coordinate schedules, fares and other details, reliance on schedules several months out may not be justified.

Back