WN’s antiquated technology strikes again FAA grounds all flights

CorvetteMan

Senior
Jul 7, 2022
Yeah, more uninformed howling from the Corvette boy....

Firewalls are hardly antiquated technology. And this appears to have been caused by one of the same vendors that many other major airlines use for flight planning services. Quite possibly the major vendor that was spun out of American Airlines, if you really want to start throwing rocks.

Yeah, more uninformed howling from the Corvette boy....

Firewalls are hardly antiquated technology. And this appears to have been caused by one of the same vendors that many other major airlines use for flight planning services. Quite possibly the major vendor that was spun out of American Airlines, if you really want to start throwing rocks.
E., One of the many reasons I no longer read his postings. He just throws crap out there hoping someone will believe him.
It was the same vendor as you stated. But I will add that our prior CEO definitely did not open the wallet when it came to technology growth and updating, he instead, wanted to take care of all the stakeholders. Now we employees, the company and all SWA's customers along with the new CEO will all have to pay for it for years to come. Even though new CEO is budgeting $$$ for the fix and future it will take time to implement.
FYI: He can't handle being called Corvette boy. After his rant after being called that by me he was put on ignore along with the other two yahoos that keep posting misinformation and uninformed subjects.

E., One of the many reasons I no longer read his postings. He just throws crap out there hoping someone will believe him.
It was the same vendor as you stated. But I will add that our prior CEO definitely did not open the wallet when it came to technology growth and updating, he instead, wanted to take care of all the stakeholders. Now we employees, the company and all SWA's customers along with the new CEO will all have to pay for it for years to come. Even though new CEO is budgeting $$$ for the fix and future it will take time to implement.
FYI: He can't handle being called Corvette boy. After his rant after being called that by me he was put on ignore along with the other two yahoos that keep posting misinformation and uninformed subjects.
Crap?

I posted factual article from a reputable source.

You all can’t handle the truth.

Reactions: JimmyBop
No, you skipped past the truth in your desire to post something inflammatory about WN.

Your headline, blaming "WN's Antiquated Technology" was patently false based on the actual story you psted...

"Early this morning, a vendor-supplied firewall went down and connection to some operational data was unexpectedly lost. Southwest teams worked quickly to minimize flight disruptions," the airline said in a statement.

I'm guessing the term "vendor-supplied firewall" was too far beyond your plug and play understanding of technology?

Or was it just reading in general that was too hard?

• Haha
Reactions: SWAMECH

No one reads you either buddy. You’re like a fart in the wind. Smell bad.

No, you skipped past the truth in your desire to post something inflammatory about WN.

Your headline, blaming "WN's Antiquated Technology" was patently false based on the actual story you psted...

I'm guessing the term "vendor-supplied firewall" was too far beyond your plug and play understanding of technology?

Or was it just reading in general that was too hard?
I guess you can’t handle the fact that WN had issues with its technology once again.

That’s the bottom line.

Nah, I could care less about WN's technology issues. I do have a problem with people who try to spin or go to the extent of lying just to try and paint someone else's employer or union as flawed.

Since you work for AA, you clearly understand what the bottom is like.

You are
Nah, I could care less about WN's technology issues. I do have a problem with people who try to spin or go to the extent of lying just to try and paint someone else's employer or union as flawed.

Since you work for AA, you clearly understand what the bottom is like.
Only one lying is you.

You are obtuse.

WN had technology issues. Doesn’t matter if it’s in-house or a vendor.

Bottom line is over 800 flights were delayed due to the ground stop of WN’s flights

Latest posts