Wolfgang Puck!

Light Years

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
Picture this: You were able to get on your flight, and lucky enough to snag a pillow. After takeoff, you're falling asleep.... you're drifting off as that familiar and strangely comforting music fills the cabin.... duh na nuh na, duh NA nuh ah..... Although your eyes are closed, you know the video is letting everyone know they can use thier electronic devices by showing the first Discman ever invented being used by a woman with eighties hair (she's sitting in front of the mother and daughter who are thrilled to see oxygen masks dangle in front of them)... next you should hear about exciting Carribbean service, a golf promotion, maybe the Star Alliance...

but no! :shock:

All of a sudden Wolfgang Puck is on the video! AND HE'S SHOUTING! You awake with a jolt and look around to see the alarmed looks of your fellow travelers. Why is he shouting? You mentally promise you'll buy his meal if they turn him off, mute him, anything.... Just when you think you can't take it anymore, he's finished and that same soothing voice is back, talking about InFlight Cafe as if it's a good thing, and reminding you about the award winning content of your seat pocket.... WHEW! :)

Has this happened to anyone else? :p

And on top of that...the food is horrible. This is the worse Buy on Board product we have had yet. Lots of people complained. If I have to hear Puck yell "LOVE...LIVE...EAT!" one more time I will yack.
We all talk in the galley about how obnoxious he is.

The "level off" commericals have always annoyed me. Like commericials on TV or radio they are LOUD! But on the airplane, we can't turn it down. I haven't flown on a redeye from the West Coast in a while but can remember being blasted awake (along with many other captive passengers for the commerical and a preview of the movie).

Thank you! The commercial this month is ridiculous. If I have to look at that guy one more time I'm going to scream.

what kind of food are they having for sale now? does it change from month to month? also a note, our local nbc 10 news said last evening that some major carriers (i dont remember which ones) are letting pax pick their own via the internet and have it when meal time comes around and it looked like it was a big meal may be but am not sure though

yes its very annoying. puck sounds like a german who ihaled some helium. its very very annoying :down:

Hes from the planet Shout-really-loud-in-an-unsettling-shriek-on-the-airplane. If you havent been subjected to it, it makes Howard Deans speech the other day sound like a gentle whisper.

:blink:

Is the buy on board program even going to be permanent? I upgraded to first on a two hour plus flight departing at 6:10 pm. And was told that there was NO food service in first at ALL. I asked to buy a meal and was told that I couldn't because the program was not working out. In any case, I had planned on eating something on the plane: the reason I upgraded, of course. The F/A was embarrassed.

So, is there a plan for eliminating first class catering for dinner time flights of over two hours?

He is annoying I agree.

The crew from PHL the other day sold 5 meals in the first section of the new reconfigured 757 (out of about 20 customers) and I only heard compliments from them when they were giving their boxes back to the F/As. I havent had one of his meals yet so I cant personally comment on it.

The FC meals are not INFLIGHT CAFE meals anymore. They are back to the old USAirways style meals on china. The one I saw the other day was turkey/swiss on croissant with potato salad and a candy bar. Not filet, but not the box stuff either. I have heard of a similar situation where a CHPR called to complain about no meal in FC on a flight. Seems it was only catered for 3 meals (was showing 10 ordered) and the crew didnt verify the count until after dept and there werent enough up there for all customers so they didnt serve any. Yikes!

They stock EACH flight with different amounts of meals in coach for Inflight Cafe. This is one thing that will probably end up being a problem if someone is expecting to eat, and there are only 2 or 3 meals on the plane and they dont get one of them. I know customers had been advised to tell the F/A when they got on if they were interested in a meal, but a F/A I had talked to about this said it got too confusing to keep track of it and they just went up and down the aisle anyway.

As far as the answer you received from the flight crew, something sounds fishy there. Also to the flight crews who cant remember what the inflight menu is... its in the magazine. The "drink" F/A was asked what the meal was after the "meal" F/A had already left and she didnt know what it was. She sent the other F/A back to see what the meal was as she guessed the choices that it could be. PAGE 100 of this months Attache has the full menu.

I have to give props to US now for the FC product is improving greatly now that I see a china plate in front of me.

Oh my God, this is about the funniest topic I've read in a long time. I've been meaning to post about this myself, and I am glad someone else noticed how annoying Wolfgang's

LIVE, LOVE, EAT!

is. The whole spiel is annoying, but the LIVE, LOVE, EAT is especially grating.

But at least he gets his wish of us remembering him.

Back