Xmas @ Afw

PDiddyQuill

Jan 22, 2004
This is a simple reminder to those able to support anAMFA organizer , who have been terminated. Please send $$$$ to the "Dan the Man" Program and give him a great Holiday Season.

Nothing less than 17.5 % of your annual wages accepted...5 days prior to the holiday...hopefully we'll have 50% of you sick folks participating.

* I am PDiddyQuill and I approve this message.

PDiddyQuill said:
This is a simple reminder to those able to support anAMFA organizer , who have been terminated. Please send $$$$ to the "Dan the Man" Program and give him a great Holiday Season.

Nothing less than 17.5 % of your annual wages accepted...5 days prior to the holiday...hopefully we'll have 50% of you sick folks participating.

* I am PDiddyQuill and I approve this message.
[post="229443"][/post]​
In the spirit of the season, PDiddyQuill has a great suggestion; Company Man Dan needs all our support in the difficult fight against a crooked, worthless union, and a demonic company that will do anything to keep its toy union.

Also, do not forget those unfortunate ex-TWA souls that believed that the twu has saved their jobs, when they have now experienced this was a falsehood from the time jimmy Do-little opened his lying twu mouth. :huh:

Hackman said:
In the spirit of the season, PDiddyQuill has a great suggestion; Company Man Dan needs all our support in the difficult fight against a crooked, worthless union, and a demonic company that will do anything to keep its toy union.

Also, do not forget those unfortunate ex-TWA souls that believed that the twu has saved their jobs, when they have now experienced this was a falsehood from the time jimmy Do-little opened his lying twu mouth. :huh:
[post="229924"][/post]​

Maybe those former TWA employees will create T-Shirts expressing themselves and the TWU will have them terminated also. Of course it won't be Dippy or Nightwatch.

Buck said:
Maybe those former TWA employees will create T-Shirts expressing themselves and the TWU will have them terminated also. Of course it won't be Dippy or Nightwatch.
[post="229942"][/post]​

twu 530 warning
---WARNING---

Wearing garments that embarrass American Airlines is prohibited. Shirts showing graphics such as "Temporary Workers at American" or similar shirts are not allowed. Management has been instructed to tell you to take them off, turn them inside out or go home and change them. They can bring disciplinary action upon you for not cooperating. Employees have been discharged for this offence in the past. Don't let it happen to you.

This is from their website regarding the shirts.

AMFAMAN said:
twu 530 warning
---WARNING---

Wearing garments that embarrass American Airlines is prohibited. Shirts showing graphics such as "Temporary Workers at American" or similar shirts are not allowed. Management has been instructed to tell you to take them off, turn them inside out or go home and change them. They can bring disciplinary action upon you for not cooperating. Employees have been discharged for this offence in the past. Don't let it happen to you.
This is from their website regarding the shirts.
[post="229985"][/post]​

I would say the t-shirt that claims the TWU is "Americans Real Strength" is an absolute EMBARRASSMENT, it may be true, but so were the list of concessions on Mr. C's t-shirt. Truth doesn't matter and having a union like the TWU being the "Real" strength of the company is an absolute embarrassement, and likely why AA is mis-managed. The UNION cannot even handle it's own affairs, much less manage a mulit-billion dollar Corporation.

WHO determines what "embarrass" means? The TWU?

Decision 2004 said:
I would say the t-shirt that claims the TWU is "Americans Real Strength" is an absolute EMBARRASSMENT, it may be true, but so were the list of concessions on Mr. C's t-shirt. Truth doesn't matter and having a union like the TWU being the "Real" strength of the company is an absolute embarrassement, and likely why AA is mis-managed. The UNION cannot even handle it's own affairs, much less manage a mulit-billion dollar Corporation.

WHO determines what "embarrass" means? The TWU?
[post="230013"][/post]​

I guess your impressed with the way amfa has handled the much smaller Alaska Airlines management? In on quick move Alaska shut down all their maint and put 50% of the membership on the street!!! What did amfa do? NOTHING!!!! Maybe they'll pass out some T-shirts with "Strength in Skill" on them. :down:

AAmech said:
I guess your impressed with the way amfa has handled the much smaller Alaska Airlines management? In on quick move Alaska shut down all their maint and put 50% of the membership on the street!!! What did amfa do? NOTHING!!!! Maybe they'll pass out some T-shirts with "Strength in Skill" on them. :down:
[post="230019"][/post]​

Again you fail to answer the problems at American Airlines.

What is the TWU going to do to protect the company from those T-shirt wearers at MCI?

AAmech said:
[post="230019"][/post]​
What would the twu do? Concessions, concessions, and more concessions. Over and over again, post-911, pre-911, in good times and bad, they can do that brother. For over 20 years the twu caves to most every AA company whim and desire. The only one that wins is the twu International, no pay cuts for them, Do-little gets promoted for the sellout, and the dues monies keep coming. :down:

SHOCK!
Louie Key, Region 1 Director

"That was the reaction when Alaska Airlines announced on September 9, 2004 that they were furloughing approximately half of the AS AMFA membership. They announced the closing of the Oakland heavy maintenance facility, outsourcing all of Fleet Service, Ground Support, and Facility Technician positions. In total, about 600 positions out of approximately 1200 members were furloughed. This is a blatent contractual violation, and we will be aggressively pursuing resolution through the arbitration procedures."

I guess in your view AMFA should have agreed to massive concessions to "save jobs". With those massive twu sellouts now in place at AA, we have thousands on the street with more going out the door, class II stations going down, and most likely MCIE closing in 2005. The twu has lowered the bar for the whole industry to third party levels, and AMFA is suppose to cower for crumbs like the twu does? This is why the twu is being ousted at AA, union weakness, cowardice, and greed is why no one except the twu blind and those hoping for a appointed International position wants the twu company union.

About time to print up some new "Will Cower If Provoked" twu shirts? :rolleyes:

Well, as I see it there are members, of all airlines, brothers and sisters, who have been furloughed and are in need of our assistance. Why haven't the locals initiated programs of assisitance that we might be able to donate to? I know that Local 530, in all it's giving way, has donated $$$ to each furloughed member.

Of course there are those that would see this as another concession, giving your hard earned $$$ to others, without any perks. How redundant.

Hackman said:
What would the twu do? Concessions, concessions, and more concessions. Over and over again, post-911, pre-911, in good times and bad, they can do that brother. For over 20 years the twu caves to most every AA company whim and desire. The only one that wins is the twu International, no pay cuts for them, Do-little gets promoted for the sellout, and the dues monies keep coming. :down:

SHOCK!
Louie Key, Region 1 Director

"That was the reaction when Alaska Airlines announced on September 9, 2004 that they were furloughing approximately half of the AS AMFA membership. They announced the closing of the Oakland heavy maintenance facility, outsourcing all of Fleet Service, Ground Support, and Facility Technician positions. In total, about 600 positions out of approximately 1200 members were furloughed. This is a blatent contractual violation, and we will be aggressively pursuing resolution through the arbitration procedures."

I guess in your view AMFA should have agreed to massive concessions to "save jobs". With those massive twu sellouts now in place at AA, we have thousands on the street with more going out the door, class II stations going down, and most likely MCIE closing in 2005. The twu has lowered the bar for the whole industry to third party levels, and AMFA is suppose to cower for crumbs like the twu does? This is why the twu is being ousted at AA, union weakness, cowardice, and greed is why no one except the twu blind and those hoping for a appointed International position wants the twu company union.

About time to print up some new "Will Cower If Provoked" twu shirts? :rolleyes:
[post="230052"][/post]​

My view is they should have gone to court that morning, gotten an injunction from a judge to to Cease and Desist the shutdown of the facilities in the first place. Not just express "SHOCK"! But alas this is what happens when you have the amaturish amfa. They're completely clueless!
Why don't you tell us again how amfa "doesn't do concessionary contracts". I see that amfa is now OFFERING concessions to UAL management!! And I'm sure you dont' want to discuss amfa's bonehead concessinary 39% farmouts so-called "cap" they bungled at NWA. Or the "No Scope-Scope clause at Alaska. In less that 10 years amfa has compleatly DESTROYED this once proud profession. Thanks guys!

Let's check the facts Mr. Gless, Who was it that agreed to the "B" scale in 1983? :down: Who was it that agreed to "FLEX" benefits? :down: Who was it that endorsed the SRP scam in 1995? :down: Who was it that agreed to a 6% raise over six years of the most profitable time ever in the airline industry? :down: Who was it that gave AAmechs(your alias) half-pay sick days,NO doubletime,a joke of shift differential pay,only five holidays a year,gave away one week of vacation,etc. :down: Who is it that has allowed over 4,000 AA amts to hit the street with more layoffs on the way? :down:

ANSWER: YOUR EVIL TWU! Mr. Gless

Let's check the facts Mr. Gless, Who was it that agreed to the "B" scale in 1983?

Didn't the membership ratify at over 80%? Didn't AA expand by over 50% growth afterwards? Did you vote on the contract?

Also a little note* Do not attempt to identify an alias using member on these boards, it will result in suspension or permanent ban of your posting abilities...

Have a nice day now....!

AAmech said:
My view is they should have gone to court that morning, gotten an injunction from a judge to to Cease and Desist the shutdown of the facilities in the first place. Not just express "SHOCK"! But alas this is what happens when you have the amaturish amfa. They're completely clueless!
Why don't you tell us again how amfa "doesn't do concessionary contracts". I see that amfa is now OFFERING concessions to UAL management!! And I'm sure you dont' want to discuss amfa's bonehead concessinary 39% farmouts so-called "cap" they bungled at NWA. Or the "No Scope-Scope clause at Alaska. In less that 10 years amfa has compleatly DESTROYED this once proud profession. Thanks guys!
[post="230136"][/post]​
In your view, you think the judge would have sided with AMFA and issued the injunction? Your a fool. Most likely he/she would have told AMFA or any other union to use the grievance process first. As union members have been shown too many times, the courts are not union friendly. Of course, if the twu were at Alaska, the International sellouts wound have cut a deal to lower the bar as far as they could in pay and benefits, and then standby while the furloughs rise to meet the concessions, like what is occuring at AA right now.

AMFA is offering concessions to UAL? Please be more specific, and don't try and blame AMFA for the gutted "scorched earth" contract the iam left for them. The iam sold their UAL members out 100% before they got boot, and you know it. Your twu lies might work on your twu blind followers, but you can't slide them by here. I'll discuss anything AMFA/twu/iam/ibt you want, because the twu is like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.... its a seriously bad joke. I agree, the 39% NWA cap is too high, but its better than no cap at all, like the iam had. You exspect AMFA to come in and immediately correct decades of industrial union blunders? That takes more than one contract. In addition, I have not seen a iam card drive go anywhere, its been, lets see...almost 8 years now? Speaks volumes, wouldn't you agree? What is our AA farmout rate? Never can get the facts on that one, because even the twu does not know what it is. If they did, it would likely be a secret anyway. I have read its over 41%, and with all these concessions we've had for years? Shamefull. AMFA destroyed the profession? Hasn't been much left after the twu started the concessions ball rolling in 1983!!!!

The fact is the twu has ALWAYS been the sellout kings. For over 20 years, the twu has soldout mechanics, continuously.... contract after contract! This is the reason for the AMFA drive. If the twu represented M@R intrests, there would not be an AMFA drive. The AMFA/NWA contract was record breaking, and the twu could not match it, period. The NWA mechanics went all the way to a PEB, and were rolling toolboxes out the doors, ready to strike. This is something the twu will never do, and thats fight. They give concessions, and then they give more. These is are reasons why the twu/iam/ibt are steadly losing mechanics to AMFA, no representation, no democracy, and continuous lies. Industrial unionism (business unionism) is finished representing the M@R members, its just a matter of time.

If you are bobby gless AAmech, your "friends" in New York might like to see you. :ph34r: :unsure:

Latest posts

Back