Yes Or No Usairways Survives 2004

Will Usaiways make it thru 2004 as a going concern?

• Yes Usairways will still exist by the end of 2004

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Usairways will not make it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Air conditioned said:
I agree with you GeezLouis.
I have posted before my opinions on Southwest. I think they are junkie, too. Their flight attendants look messy and unprofessional and their safety announcements make me want to cringe. ("If you don't know how to fasten a seat belt then you shouldn't be out in public blah blah blah.")

It is true that people are flying them, but the only reason has to be the COST. It is certainly not the cattle-call style of boarding and the pushing and shoving to get a seat by the window!

Let's not forget the chance to sit next to someone who forgot their deodorant (this was on an episode of "Airline" on A&E). Oh boy. Hey, you get what you pay for though. And therein lies the dilemma.
Hey, stinky people need to fly too, and their money is a green as the next guys. Hell, we even fly nitwits....need to fly anywhere? LOL, :D

WNjetdoc said:
Hey, stinky people need to fly too, and their money is a green as the next guys. Hell, we even fly nitwits....need to fly anywhere? LOL, :D
maybe you hit a sensitive spot haha

At the risk of sounding like a Pollyanna, can we get off the Southwest vs. the world issue? Southwest saw a need and met it stunningly. That's why they are still in business. I've flown Southwest, didn't much like it, and don't fly it today as a rule. But, that's why the U.S. system gives me choices.

However, when my sister--who wouldn't be caught dead on a ski trip with less than slopeside accommodations and 24 hour room service--needs to travel from BHM to LAS to see her grandchildren, she usually flies Southwest. A standby ticket on an AA buddy pass--compliments of me--would cost her approx. $200 with a change of planes in DFW and no guarantee that she would get on the DFW-LAS flight which are usually full. She can fly pos space nonstop from BHM to LAS on Southwest for the same amount of money with a little advance planning. My sister may be crazy, but she ain't stupid.

Thanks everyone for your vote, employee's and non employee's, in this non-scientific and useless poll.

With a +/-100% margin of error we had 180 votes equally split.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back