Yes, Virginia, Philly CAN do it!

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
(I truly hope I'm not jinxing things here) :p

For most the past week, one outstation in the Northeast has seen very few PAWOBS from PHL, averaging less than one PAWOB per flight! :up: There was one exception, when 20 bags were missing from a mainline arrival. Many of these were from one connecting flight that arrrived late in PHL and the passengers barely made it.

Whatever PHL did to do this, keep it up! :)

If only it could be like this all the time!

It is getting better, but PHL still has some work to do.

First off, no more FLIFO messages about how many bags missed the plane. Most of the time the number is incorrect. The message on bags serves no purpose. An audit of the inbound will give an accurate answer as to what is missing (take my word on this point).

Second, stop sending expedites on long connecting journeys through other large stations unless it's unavoidable. For example, PHL flies to more destinations now than PIT, so use a direct flight out of PHL to DEN or LAX instead of sending it through PIT. It's already a missed bag, so avoiding losing it by making multiple connections only makes sense.

It is getting better, and I applaud the effort, as do my coworkers.

Nice job, PHL! Flew a 3 day in and out a buncha times this past weekend, and things went well, even with the rain/fog. No major delays, jetway was there when we pulled in, bags were done when we were ready to leave. Quite impressive, given the amount of flights coupled with the weather. Keep it up!

Latest posts

Back