Yesterday's US Airways-Delta Merger Presentation PowerPoint Presentation

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Yesterday's US Airways-Delta Merger Presentation (PowerPoint Presentation)

See Story

In my opinion, Delta's Disclosure Statement/POR leaves out important information and misrepresents the merger proposal. Delta is spending more time trying to defeat the merger, so management can get significant equity/money in a standalone company, then it is working with the Creditor's Committee and US Airways. I believe this lack of truthfulness could come back to haunt senior management and maybe the employees too.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

[In my opinion, Delta's Disclosure Statement/POR leaves out important information and misrepresents the merger proposal. Delta is spending more time trying to defeat the merger, so management can get significant equity/money in a standalone company, then it is working with the Creditor's Committee and US Airways. I believe this lack of truthfulness could come back to haunt senior management and maybe the employees too.
[/font]

Believe what you want Chip. I believe the USAir plan leaves out important information and misrepresents the facts. Parker was quoted as saying yesterday that all employees would be at least as well off as they are pre merger. That is the biggest lie he has told yet. AWA and USAir have not even merged lists. If the USAir pilots get what they want, I know a bunch of AWA pilots who will not be at least as well off as they were pre-merger.

Even if this deal made sense, I would want my airline to go it alone. You don't get it. We don't want to be a part of USAir. There are fine people there. I know, I have friends who work for both USAir and AWA. But that doesn't matter. I like my airline. I am proud to work for Delta, and I did not give huge cuts just so someone can come in and destroy my airline.

I am willing to risk it all to fight this merger. If it means I was wrong and Delta folds as a stand alone carrier, so be it.

I am proud to work for Delta, and I did not give huge cuts just so someone can come in and destroy my airline.

Your pride is admirable, but the sad fact is, it's not YOUR airline.

And God forbid, if the merger did happen, the paycheck and airplanes would still say DELTA AIR LINES. I think you Delta folks need to realize that this is not the same USAirways your management tried to run out of business while it was on the ropes a few years back. New senior management. Their mission is not to destroy Delta Air Lines. Your management isn't exactly the best in the business. Don't you think Doug Parker and Scott Kirby might be better in the long run.

They were smart enough to put this hostile takeover together. In the long run, they may be better for the future of every Delta employee than your current executives.

You'll be proud to work for the "new' Delta Air Lines too.
Every time that paycheck is deposited.

Yesterday's US Airways-Delta Merger Presentation (PowerPoint Presentation)

See Story

I believe this lack of truthfulness could come back to haunt senior management and maybe the employees too.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

How so? Your fragmentation theory again? If so, exactly who are the people in know that you refer to? You need to be more specific.

US proposal slam dunks the DL proposal. There is no debate here. It is mathematically impossible for DL to come up with a better stand alone plan. If they don't want to merge with US, their only hope is to find another partner. The stand alone DL wish is dead.

US proposal slam dunks the DL proposal. The stand alone DL wish is dead.

If the DOJ denies the merge, and it will, there is no more US proposal.
The Delta plan does not require DOJ approval. If the creditors committe approves the DL plan, there is no more US proposal.
My friend, it is US's proposal that is based on faulty assumptions. Parker will fail in his attempt to buy DL Airlines.

How many active mergers has the DOJ shot down over the years? I know U/UAL comes to mind, but that was dead
going forward. My memory is they usually require the participants to jump thorough a few hoops, and then give it their blessing. Maybe someone can refresh my memory.

How many active mergers has the DOJ shot down over the years? I know U/UAL comes to mind, but that was dead
going forward. My memory is they usually require the participants to jump thorough a few hoops, and then give it their blessing. Maybe someone can refresh my memory.

The US presentation sounded like listening to a AA ball game compared to listening to a major league game on Tues. They picked out a few areas they thought they could defend and skirted around the rest. The pilot contract area was particularly funny. "Ah, ah, um we're just going to increase our block hours on every flight until we get it um, straightened out. We'll be one heck of an on time airline". It was laughable.

I think the creditors are positioning Bethune to succeed Grinstein as CEO. Could be the missing piece of the puzzle. Creditors get a CEO who is proven and can execute the DL standalone plan when Jerry retires. Gordon gets his chance to pilot an airline again and possibly, eventually merge it with someone to form a globe covering entity. New DL stock price does well when issued and the creditors are happy.

Barrel, you referenced my question, and talked about something else. That said, I thought Bethune was done running airlines? Best, Greeter.

Oops, sorry. Tried to quote the top post. Gordon is now the Chairman at Aloha. I don't know if he was ready to leave CO when he did. He and Bonderman (on the board at the time)got in a pissing contest and to settle it they agreed to both leave CO. It just seems like a tailor made opportunity for him as Jerry has said he will retire after DL exits. He's got the obvious experience and is a former Boeing exec. He has been a strong proponent of airline mergers though, so I'm not sure how that will color his analysis. Just a thought. Take care and Happy Holidays.

If anyone listens to the conference call the US antitrust lawyer was at the DOJ during the attempted United/US. He was questioned about that merger and told more than has been disclosed in the past. While I know it will not win any converts its still cool to hear his thoughts about what went wrong there and what the DOJ commonly focuses.

What's funny about all this is that they (Dougie and US Airways, along with Delta Managment )are probably hanging out at the golf course or country club laughing on how they (Delta) are gonna now go to labor and say.......... Folks to fight off this take-over and be a strong stand alone carrier we are gonna end more concessions from our labor groups along with the pension being dumped!
Watch! Soon Delta is gonna come back to its employees for more give backs, with an excuse that they need to sweeten the deal for the creditors!!
All the Time, These same folks are laughing there butts off at the country club talking about how much they will be able to line there pockets!
Management wins either way! Merger or no merger!!!

If the DOJ denies the merge, and it will, there is no more US proposal.
The Delta plan does not require DOJ approval. If the creditors committe approves the DL plan, there is no more US proposal.
My friend, it is US's proposal that is based on faulty assumptions. Parker will fail in his attempt to buy DL Airlines.

Doug and company did their homework before submitting their proposal. They thought everything thru and are confident their will be no hurdle with the DOJ.

When Doug said the DL propsal was inaccurate, he was being nice. In reality, it was a bold face lie. It was evident the intent was to deceive, because it was the only card DL had left. It backfired and now not only do the creditors know the DL propsal is inferior, they also know DL management is lying thru their teeth. ( Although they probably figured that out on their own, without Doug's help) If I am a creditor, I am not going to go with an inferior offer presented by a team of liars.

DL is as valueable as AA and UA combined?-Not hardly

The US proposal is riddled with Debt? They forgot to mention the US proposal will result in a much larger airline and will have larger everything from debt to revenue to expenses. The debt ratio with the US plan is lower than DL's plan.

Latest posts