yet another concourse e extension at clt

im sorry but this thread is about the new concourse e extension at Charlotte not what they could do to less suckify PHL thanks :D

Not too surprising really, I wonder if this expansion will bring it to the 50 gates originally envisioned in the master plan or if it will end up being less since they are building it for E170/175 equipment vs CRJs. With E concourse becoming so big, I wonder if US would consider putting a club down towards the end of it so that pax on all Express itineraries could have convenient access to one.

Also, the minutes from the meeting seem to indicate that the gates on the end COULD be made into A330 capable ones, not that they will be from the get-go. I have to think that parking A330s there/opening a second FIS is a very very last resort and probably won't materialize unless there is a dire need to do so.

Where will the 350s park?

Pittsburgh? Oh wait no....I meant at the new International Terminal that CLT is planning to start in ~2012-2013. Don't worry, it will ready by the time US takes delivery, but the concern is appreciated.

It does sound like though that allowing the expansion to accomodate A330s plus customs is a strong indication that US plans on adding some additional trans-oceanic flights before the new terminal is built. Does US fly the 330 anywhere (Carribean?) that has pre-clearance so that they wouldn't need immigration at E?

From the OP's link. CLT 2009 numbers.

• Parking Revenues: $33,967,353 (-0.9% when compared to Calendar Year 2008)
• Rental Car Sales: $ 94,825,357.84 (-9.4% when compared to Calendar Year 2008)
• Food & Beverage Sales: $92,387,034 (-1.6% when compared to Calendar Year 2008)
• Retail Sales: $44,347,337 (-5.8% when compared to Calendar Year 2008)
• Advertising Revenues: $2,327,117 (-16% when compared to Calendar Year 2008)
• Local Boardings FY09 (CY09 results are not yet available): 4,490,090 (-8% when compared to
Fiscal Year 2008)
• Total Boardings: 17,246,594 (-1% when compared to Calendar Year 2008)
• Aircraft Operations: 509,4408 (-5% when compared to Calendar Year 2008)

It might be worth noting that CLT's FY runs from July 1 through June 30, so the FY09 local boardings covers the period from 7/1/08 through 6/30/09 while everything else is for the period 1/1/09 through 12/31/09.

Jim

It's already almost 3/4 of a mile from the end of E to the end of B. Good luck making that run with a 30 minute connection.

It's already almost 3/4 of a mile from the end of E to the end of B. Good luck making that run with a 30 minute connection.

One or two more extensions to the E concourse and passengers will step out of baggage claim right on to the 50 yard line of Panthers' Stadium.

BTW, I found a website worse than USAirways. The Panthers' official website is hilarious. It's like no one in Charlotte knows anything AT ALL about web development.

Maybe their real site is down for maintenance, but what's up today is right out of 1992.

Here's a sample of their home page. Just like this...no joke:

# ">Season Records Single Game Bests
# Chronology
# Expansion Draft
# College Draft
# Free Agency
# Trades
# History News

* News Home
o Team
o Community
News Articles
o Dayton Fliers
o Mason’s Minutes
Panthers Blogs
* Transactions
* Television
* Radio
* The Roar
* Media Only

# Media-Vault

* Media Vault
o All Photos
o Team
o Game Day
o Community
o TopCats
o Sir Purr
o Premium Seating
Photo Galleries
o All Videos
o Panthers.com TV
o Panthers Gameday
o Panthers Huddle
o Community
o TopCats
o Sir Purr
o Stadium Tours
o NFL Network
Video Channels
o All Audio
o Panthers Update
o Interviews
Audio

I think it's just your browser, mine will do that from time to time and I have to hit refresh to get it to load correctly.

Latest posts

Back