Yet another "deadline" comes to pass

Super FLUF

Senior
Jun 10, 2011
Another "deadline" has come and gone. Once again, AA threatened, but never said the word "bankruptcy". Brundage told our guys that unless they had an agreement in place by today that "really really bad stuff was going to happen".

I wonder when the next bankruptcy deadline will be. We've already had about four so far since October 1st.

Maybe we can have a betting pool for the holidays.

Still more money to be had to early to file ...

Credit analyst Vicki Bryan took a hard look at AMR's numbers in her investor report Monday and pointed out that despite annual revenue rising 35 percent since 2003, AMR is still posting significant losses.

"The main culprit, however, has not been AMR's labor costs. It was spiking fuel expense, which is up 187 percent from $2.8 billion per year in 2003 to the current $7.96 billion," Bryan wrote.

Bryan told investors that AMR's top executives are receiving compensation packages worth 10 times their base pay and are earning more than the top executives at United Continental and are close to Delta Air Lines' executive pay. Those two airlines are posting consistent profits.

enough said.............

Still more money to be had to early to file ...

Credit analyst Vicki Bryan took a hard look at AMR's numbers in her investor report Monday and pointed out that despite annual revenue rising 35 percent since 2003, AMR is still posting significant losses.

"The main culprit, however, has not been AMR's labor costs. It was spiking fuel expense, which is up 187 percent from $2.8 billion per year in 2003 to the current $7.96 billion," Bryan wrote.

Bryan told investors that AMR's top executives are receiving compensation packages worth 10 times their base pay and are earning more than the top executives at United Continental and are close to Delta Air Lines' executive pay. Those two airlines are posting consistent profits.

enough said.............
As has been posted in other threads, the government needs to step in and get airline costs under control. No not just American, but the industry. Deregulation was a bad mistake in the first place. While allowed more of the pulic to fly, it has wreck the industry. The key here is control, the cost/price of fuel just flucuates. Reregulate or raise fares across the board.

Another "deadline" has come and gone. Once again, AA threatened, but never said the word "bankruptcy". Brundage told our guys that unless they had an agreement in place by today that "really really bad stuff was going to happen".

I wonder when the next bankruptcy deadline will be. We've already had about four so far since October 1st.

Maybe we can have a betting pool for the holidays.
the day is not over, and its my understanding that the BOD is going to be taking over, So bend over, its going to get worse for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If "really, really bad stuff" was going to happen if the TA wasn't reached by today, the deadline for the really, really bad stuff doesn't pass until Sunday night - as most Ch 11 filings these days occur on Sunday evenings. Still got about 48 hours for the really really bad stuff.

If "really, really bad stuff" was going to happen if the TA wasn't reached by today, the deadline for the really, really bad stuff doesn't pass until Sunday night - as most Ch 11 filings these days occur on Sunday evenings. Still got about 48 hours for the really really bad stuff.
... nothing was said re: who the bad stuff was going to affect.

I really hope they file this Sunday evening.

So do I. Even though it would probably mean the end of this job for me, I'm just tired of the jerking around we are all getting. I spent over 20 years in the oil business. There is no more cutthroat business than the oil bidness; yet, I have never seen another company where the upper level executives so openly display their contempt for the frontline employees as they do at AMR. They rub our noses in their bonusses, and then just keep making the same offer over and over again as if we are too stupid to notice that it is the same offer they made last time and the time before.

the day is not over, and its my understanding that the BOD is going to be taking over, So bend over, its going to get worse for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The BOD is going to take over? The same BOD that's been sitting on the tarmac for 10 years! Roger Staubach will be running American Airlines? I know it wont be Rajat Gupta due to his federal indictment. Good luck to the BOD in their ventures!!!!

Latest posts

Back