Yet another positive article on AAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at DP's management history, there is no doubt that WT's post above is spot on.  Failing to keep promises made to labor has been very much a part of his past at US Airways.  Exactly why do we think that things will be different at the new AA?  I asked people at the union if the promises were in writing.  The response I got was "Mr. Parker has agreed to give us these things."  Me:  "Ok, but is any of this in writing?."  Them:  "Mr. Parker has agreed to give us these things."  I take that as a No response to my question.

jim,
Parker might want to look at how the other 3 megamergers have been handled in the past 8 years to get an idea about how to win over the hearts and minds of employees.

The Chicago based airline has been incredibly slow at resolving labor related issues - and not surprisingly, things aren't looking so good.

The other 2 coughed up the cash and are making money several years into their mergers.

Employees don't like being played for dumb or strung along any more than anyone else.

DP will choose the path that costs him the least and gives the greatest reward. If that means running three separate airlines under one name, he'll do it.
What employees 'feel' is inconsequential. The hammer will come down on those who don't perform to standards.
And, at the end of the day, that is what a job is: selling your time for a dime. 
Employees are expendable and interchangeable and are just a cost item to these mgmt folks. It's just business.
And they will run their business the way it suits them, contracts or not. If you don't like it, grieve it and get in line behind the other five hundred cases.
Remember that when getting those 'handshake' deals...get it in writing. At least you'll stand a snowballs chance when you finally get in front of an arbitrator with your grievance.
Keep your head down and good luck. It's not a career anymore and there is no company loyalty. 
Cheers.

except NOT ONE employee of another airline has posted anything that contradicts my statement that DL employees have fared far, far better in terms of pay raises and profit sharing than DL employees.

Not one.

You have no clue how much better you have it than employees of other airlines.

I absolutely keep it in mind.

since those other airline employees are so tight lipped, perhaps you can tell us which of your unionized peers have received as much profit sharing and pay raises combined as you have over the past 4-5 years - and they all come on here and curse their unions while you ask for one.

this may be Int'l labor day but even people in other countries can figure out what makes sense and what does not.

There is a reason why thousands of employees in MI and WI have walked away from labor unions when given the chance.

specific to this discussion, Parker will use the labor contracts that AA/US employees thought would help them as an excuse to prevent them from gaining more.

That is a guarantee and he has years of evidence at US as proof.

I have posted numerous times how WN's employees who are the most unionized in the industry fare better than DL's employees.

Kevin has also posted numerous times how PMNW did better than PMDL.

And let us know when DL brings the employees back to pre-bankruptcy wages and exceeds them,

and no one has argued about WN employees.

their forward progress has completely stopped, their company wants to outsource, and they also are being forced to compete in the same markets that the big boys have been in for years.

and WN employees have not received any where near the amount of pay raises at the least as DL employees.

WN employee wages relative to the rest of the industry will continue to decline because WN isn't generating the revenue premiums necessary to pay labor premiums.

the good news for AA employees is that there will be less and less incentive for AA employees to leave to go work for WN.

AA employees agreed with my assessment that AA's success means nothing if they don't share in AA's success.

you've tried to paint yourself in the same boat they are in despite the fact that you have received far more in pay raises and profit sharing than any other airline employee group in the US.

I absolutely keep that reality forefront in the discussions when AA employees says they justifiably expect to share in their company's renewal.

They are still getting raises, still the highest paid in the industry and had record profit sharing for the last payout.

WN employees have received nowhere near the amount of raise that DL employees have received since the DL/NW merger.

holding WN out as the champion of the labor movement is already beginning to backfire because they will continue to fall further behind relative to their peers, esp DL which is generating the revenues necessary to increase pay.

WN simply does not generate the revenues relative to the rest of the industry to justify pay that is much, much higher. WN is moving more and more to longhaul flying where their labor efficiency becomes worth less and less.

Don't you love it how WT takes over a topic, posts some numbers and changes the topic completely?  The topic was began with post for a good article on AAL and he/she is now posting how DL have received more raises than WN since DL left BK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back