you are now..........."number TWO"

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
(per USDOT stats)

Seriously, couldn't you envision .."60 minutes"..Andy Rooney" putting it ..this way, as of this summer; ??

"In my (work) Catagory, for the longest time,I was rated Third.

They're now telling me.. "I'm number TWO" ! :rolleyes:

I think I'd still rather be Third" !!!

(per USDOT stats)

Seriously, couldn't you envision .."60 minutes"..Andy Rooney" putting it ..this way, as of this summer; ??

"In my (work) Catagory, for the longest time,I was rated Third.

They're now telling me.. "I'm number TWO" ! :rolleyes:

I think I'd still rather be Third" !!!

Well NHBB, AMRers should know, b/c that is where they sat b/f the TWA acquisition, the number 2 spot.. I would suspect if AMR starts retiring S80s and not replacing them to reduce capacity, they could easily take the number 2 spot to DAL if DAL keeps expanding.. Saying that, Just b/c you are number 1 or number 2 or number 3 doesn't mean that you are the most financially stable. DAL UAL AND AA are all very close to each other, however, if we want to tell the truth, SWA hauls more passengers than anyone.

Actually, WN has out-carried everyone several times in the last 6 months, even with their international totals added in!

Actually, WN has out-carried everyone several times in the last 6 months, even with their international totals added in!
True. Not to minimize WN's accomplishments, however, that title comes with an asterisk. The rankings are of certificated carriers, so don't include the enplanements of express partners which are separate certificated carriers (Eagle, ASA, Comair, Mesa, etc). So if the rankings were by brand name on the airplane instead of carrier operating the airplane, WN would be several spots lower.

Jim

Latest posts