You Know You've Made It When...

For me I know when I will have made it when the machine and the situation are as follows.

My machine requirements are simple but realistic.

A brand new, or completely overahauled L4, all tan leather interior,CD player, Kiwi popouts. 10/10 in and out.

all based,

On a little tropical island, with white sand beaches, located no less than 1/4 mile from a rum distillary, and women in bikinis by the hundreds all between the ages of 25 and 30.(assorted variety)

This would be the time when I know I have made it.

Hmmmm, Ahhhhhh.

well this is your lucky day, I heard there is just such a venture, and they are looking for a talented pilot as we speak.
They'll arrange a plane ticket for you by tonight if your interested.
The only drawback...there is no internet on the island.....
Your gain will surely be our loss......it'd be sad to see you go.

Getting back to Airwolf back when it was on the air one of the secretarys spouse was sure it was real and was quite disappointed when told otherwise (mind you he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer)

:boff: :elvis:

Let's set up a duel between Airwolf and Blue Thunder! Doubt it'd be much of a contest though. If I remember corectly all Blue Thunder was armed with was a bazillion watt spot light. But on the other hand the pilot is the same guy who managed to kill Jaws a few seperate times. :lol:

Typical GM.....The girls dont always like it big..... maybe once you master the R44 you can go bigger....remember its what you do with it :hide:

I just cant wait to get my hands on our new 407....dont really care that is a 407...just want that new heli smell on my nose.

Hey, pssst... bh205... c'mere fer a sec... I wanna ask you a very private question... HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF THE GIRLS LIKE IT BIG OR NOT? HAAAA-HAAAA, OOOOOO Mr."Looks Like He Just Came Out Of A Cold Lake"! Sorry to hear about your small man syndrom. As for the 44: crank, crank, crank, grind, grind, grind, bang, rumble, rumble, rumble, shake, shake, shake, pull, pull, pull,horn, horn, horn,down, down, down... piece a crap Jetranger wanna be. The 407 and you! Only if they let you clean it with your toung will you get that new heli smell in your nose, and speaking of your nose...

Bet yer sorry I've got all this time on my hands today, eh Mr. Deep? :p

Magseal

The stated opening in question, does it incude a little dwarf with a 60's haircut.

Let the operator PM me immediately, I'm packing as we speak!

No contract, No problem.

Oh dear Ryan,
Your youth and inexperience is showing once again !!!!!
You forgot the most important part about Blue Thunder........Whisper Mode.

The next time that your instructor chops the throttle on you, simply lower the collective, then reach down and pull the fuel cut-off..............you'll have an R22 with Whisper Mode, (until Bob starts screaming at you).

OK, Here's Blue Thunder, with a link to it flying in Whisper Mode/

www.WhisperMode.wav

(don't worry if you don't get any sound from the file.......you aren't supposed to, it's in Whisper Mode)

Oh yeah, I should include a photo of another Blue Thunder contest I was asked to be a judge at.....

(You know you've made when you get to fly one of these......now if only they had Whisper Mode).

Is that really the Blue Thunder from the movie? Either it's been way too long since I've seen it or I'm getting more gullable by the day! :p
Either way I've changed my mind about what I'd drool over if given the chance to fly...a Fisheries BO 105 just touched down outside the window! Damn it's a slick looking machine. Kinda like a MD 500 on roids. They did a few circuits and landed for some lunch. Not much choice either as we found out. Turns out they had a TR chip light come on. Went out and got some great photos of it. Not often you see a heli with warnings written in German, English and French. :up:

I believe that the fisheries sold their BO105 years ago, the only Canadian operator of a 105 is the Coast Guard.

:elvis:

maybe my mistake, elvis, but don't the CCG birds have the fisheries name on them as well?? :mellow:

regardless, as ryan says they are a nice looking machine... i remember when they were the staple of the german ADAC ems fleet!!

Made it when? I must admit, landing my own medium twin on a rig got me thinking, especially after 15 years of offshore made me swear never to go back!

Until someone gives me a better toy to play with, the S76 remains my personal favourite, as long as it's not in offshore config ;) S61 is an old but comfortable bus, I hate anything French on principle, Agusta 109's (even the Power) are just too small, Bell is too agricultural.

Mr Westland wouldn't give me a flight in a 101, and the latest offerings from Sikorsky haven't made our neck of the woods, yet. So, S76 it would have to be :up:

Latest posts

Back