Your left hand has no idea what your right hand is doing.

How awful, a middle seat for an hour flight!!! How did you cope?
should we get rid of all middle seats in aircraft to suit you or do you prefer bending the ear off every employee in CLT???

If I got a Sr Vice President of a Major Airline to react by sending an enema kit, something I said must have hit home.
Well, I suppose if you equate reacting to a childish provocation with being taken seriously, you might have a point.

So I come back and sit down and look again. It still lets me book the exit row and all of my programs I look at show seats open as well.

He was PSA and just as we finished talking the PSA heritage plane taxied out.)

I bet those open seats were T-blocked. Which means they are under airport control. No one can issue them without unblocking them. Agents block them all the time on oversold flights just to have some wiggle room when it comes to some difficult seating situations. You know, like some CP who checks in and needs an exit row or some 6 foot six basketball player who checks in at last minute or a family that needs seats shuffled to sit together. At least thats how it used to be done 18 months ago.

Figures an ex-PSA :up: guy would fix your seat.

Good gravy.

Isn't CLT-EWR like, an hour and a half flight? If that?

Is the middle seat THAT horrible on such a short flight?

Sometimes it seems like people go out of their way to look for problems.

Yes, but L4P obviously had the time to try and get out of that seat and it appears that L4P found that there were exit seats blocked but not assigned. So, unless L4P falls outside the parameters of who can sit in an exit row seat, someone should have just switched him into that seat.

Is this before or after use Bob? :lol: :shock:
I have to tell you I was tempted to send it back to him after use, but even I couldn't do it. I did think about it long and hard though.

And just to keep this on topic, I've never had the chance to eat at Phillips Seafood and it is good for those who have never been there. They make a mean Long Island and the shrimp ain't bad either.

Can you tell I'm bored. Things are looking up though. I'm number one on the upgrade list with one seat left.

How awful, a middle seat for an hour flight!!! How did you cope?
should we get rid of all middle seats in aircraft to suit you or do you prefer bending the ear off every employee in CLT???
Typical response very much in the same vein of what I found this morning. Ok here is a news flash for you. Had any one of the first six or seven employees been willing to make any kind of effort there would have been no need to bend the ear of every employee in CLT.

Like I've posted before, there is no wiggle room for me any more with your company. No more pardon our dust. No more I make US fly. Either provide the service and the benefits you have promised to me as a FF or shut it down. With the many attitudes I experienced this morning, yours included, the later is more likely.

Like I've posted before, there is no wiggle room for me any more with your company. No more pardon our dust. No more I make US fly. Either provide the service and the benefits you have promised to me as a FF or shut it down. With the many attitudes I experienced this morning, yours included, the later is more likely.
Yet you still fly them.

(BTW did you throw around a "Do you know who I am?" when you demanded to see a supervisor?)

And you wonder why senior management doesn't take you seriously . . .
Oh we know why. Trust me, we know.

Yet you still fly them.

(BTW did you throw around a "Do you know who I am?" when you demanded to see a supervisor?)
You don't read well do you. Go back and read the first paragraph. Slowly this time.

To your second point, what would you have done. You're standing in front of some one who doesn't even the know the most basic of policies of her own airline, is working the first class line, and tells you at 7:00 AM you have to wait till you flight at 5:30 because SHE DOES NOT KNOW HER OWN COMPANY POLICY? I await your enlightened response.....

And no I kept me cool until the last ditz on the res line. I do not ever remember pulling the do you know who I am routine. But just like those who cheat on their wives, they always suspect their wives of cheating on them. Does the shoe fit?

You don't read well do you. Go back and read the first paragraph. Slowly this time.
OK. Do you mean the paragraph that starts with, "I am flying US again this week"?

Does that mean you are NOT flying US? Because if so, one of us indeed does not read well.

To your second point, what would you have done.
I would have been glad to get on the 2:10 flight, especially considering it is a busy travel day and I wasn't booked on it originally (if I understand what happened correctly). Then I probably would have asked if there were any other seats available. If not, I would have gotten on with my life.

Of course, if I hated US so much as you seem to, I wouldn't have booked with them in the first place. But that's just me.

OK. Do you mean the paragraph that starts with, "I am flying US again this week"?

Does that mean you are NOT flying US? Because if so, one of us indeed does not read well.

Yeah you got the first part right but to make your point you left out the "for the second time in 18 months" Very typical of you BTW. I also have from time to time fly the big brown turd and have flown with the prison maidens at UA, but that doesn't mean "yet you fly them" It happened to be the only schedule that worked this week for me other wise I would not be on them. Same is true when I fly the big brown turn or UA and I like them even less.

I would have been glad to get on the 2:10 flight, especially considering it is a busy travel day and I wasn't booked on it originally (if I understand what happened correctly). Then I probably would have asked if there were any other seats available. If not, I would have gotten on with my life.

Of course, if I hated US so much as you seem to, I wouldn't have booked with them in the first place. But that's just me.

Hey, brain trust and go back and read it again. THIS TIME VERY VERY SLOWLY. I was trying to get on the 2:10 flight from the 5:30PM flight at 7:30 AM this morning. There was a seat on the 2:10. It was available for sale. I was willing to pay to change. The TA would NOT clear me against her own companies written policy. Just how dense are you?

l4pi,

If you ever have this escapade on my flight, just bang on the terminal window and get my attention. I've always wanted to see how far I could push this:

"The captain is solely responsible for his aircraft, crew and passengers. He is the final authority in Flight Operations matters (e.g., boarding, fueling, maintenance, etc.)."

Getting as close to retirement as I am, I'd love to just tell the agent "I'm putting this person on my plane in this seat" and see the reaction...... :lol:

Jim

l4pi,

If you ever have this escapade on my flight, just bang on the terminal window and get my attention. I've always wanted to see how far I could push this:

"The captain is solely responsible for his aircraft, crew and passengers. He is the final authority in Flight Operations matters (e.g., boarding, fueling, maintenance, etc.)."

Getting as close to retirement as I am, I'd love to just tell the agent "I'm putting this person on my plane in this seat" and see the reaction...... :lol:

Jim

Yeah I was hoping to see you as both birds are 7dirty7's.

One person this morning not wanting to do their job would have been ok, I could have let that go. But to have this many really not give a damn, just blows my mind. I was determined to get the seat changed, simply because no one wanted to do it.

And for those in the kool aid drinking realm. Here is another item for you to take a shot at..... This is being typed from seat 1A. (I would rather have had 3C, but such is life.... :p )

Yeah you got the first part right but to make your point you left out the "for the second time in 18 months" Very typical of you BTW.
So did you, or did you not, fly US today? Seems like the answer is YES. The fact that you fly them less than you used to doesn't seem very relevant to me. The fact is, at least on occassion, you still fly them. No?

Hey, brain trust and go back and read it again. THIS TIME VERY VERY SLOWLY. I was trying to get on the 2:10 flight from the 5:30PM flight at 7:30 AM this morning.
You'll note I included the caveat, "IF I understood you." This is because I have long ago realized that your writing isn't very clear and is sometimes hard to follow.

Case in point: Reading what I quoted from you above, concentrating on the bolded portion, it sounds like you showed up at the airport at 7:30 to stand by for the 2:10 flight. Yet your OP says this (again concentrating on the bolded portions):

I needed to get to EWR earlier than scheduled today. So I checked last night on the web and several tools to see if there were plenty of seats available on the first flight up this morning. All tools were showing plenty of seats. I get to CLT at 7:30 AM this morning for the 9:40 flight and I’m told the plane is over sold by 25 (unknown to me, CO had canceled a flight). I had planned paying the $25 and doing the SDC confirmed, but with no seats there was no joy.
Perhaps you can see why I thought you showed up to stand by on the 9:40 flight, and when that didn't work, you tried for the 2:10. Although perhaps I am missing some detail -- I can't read your mind and as I mentioned your writing skills need some work. Maybe concentrating a little less on the insults and more on the important parts of what you are trying to communicate would help? Just an observation.

Here's another one. If you come across to airline employees in person the way you do here, no wonder you have trouble getting what you want sometimes.

l4pi,

Jim

The reaction is predictable. The GA will stare at you and:

1. wonder when you last peed in the bottle;
2. will stammer that Gates are in charge of the flight before the door closes;
3. say he/she will blame any delay on you;
4. mutter and do as you say; and,
5. write you up.

Depending on your timing, you may get a note to please stop in and see the chief pilot. In either case, as far as you are concerned regarding the company reaction, start repeating......

It Just Doesn't Matter. It Just Doesn't Matter. It Just Doesn't Matter. (courtesy of Meatballs, © 1979, Paramount Pictures

Or you can see it here.

As l4pi has described, I also noticed the last time I flew thru CLT (about 2 months ago) that there seem to be fewer senior US employees working. Is it me, or are there more new recruits/less senior folks now or did I hit CLT on two unusual mornings (a Tuesday and a Thursday)?

For example, the agents in the B club seemed very green and did things by the book compared to when I frequented there more several years ago.