Your Tax Dollars At Work.

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
We are pleased to announce that TulsaWORKS is a Beyond Jobs program partner. The Wal-Mart Foundation wants 200,000 women to become employed over the next 30 months and we're glad to help.

Wal-Mart, an employer that has a reputation for treating employees like less than dirt, a company that offers its' front line employees minimum wage and no benefits, a company that applied for an insurance waiver because the insurance plans they do offer were so poor (“mini-med” plans) they did not even qualify for Obamacare is helping to train people in poverty. What a joke.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/09/24/2669191/walmart-adds-fulltime-workers/
Not only is the Wal-Mart model bad for workers and business, it’s also terrible for the taxpayer. The company’s refusal to pay a living wage and benefits forces most of its employees onto public benefits like food stamps and Medicaid. Each store’s workforce consumes as much as 75 million in public benefits each year.

TulsaWORKS Class Descriptions:
Corporate Customer Service
Workplace Computer Skills
Employment Essentials
Fork Lift Operator
Unarmed Private Security

TulsaWORKS promotes self-sufficiency among individuals and families that are living in poverty, through collaborations with area businesses, volunteer mentors and other community partners.

This reeks of a bunch of con artists using impoverished people to enrich themselves through a social program. We already have an entity that abuses the uneducated and the unskilled for cheap labor. They are called Temp Services. Perhaps you have heard of them?

Eligibility requirements for TulsaWORKS: Must be 18 years of age or older, must receive some type of subsidy (TANF, food stamps, housing), have low income or some other employment barrier. Applicants must have minimum of 5th grade reading level and sign consent for drug testing.

So you want people who receive TANF, food stamps, and housing subsidies to train for non-skilled, low paying jobs. Good luck with that.

Case Manager - TulsaWORKS Program - Goodwill Industries of Tulsa Inc
Job Requirements
Bachelors Degree. Must be at least 21 years old, possess a valid OK drivers license and maintain automobile insurance. Must have reliable vehicle. Salaried;based on experience.

So TulsaWORKS is training people for non- skilled low paying jobs, and they require their help to have a Bachelor’s Degree? Does anyone else see the irony in this?

I thought I would point out the interesting parts with a red border.

"EDIT" Seems I can not load pics from my PC to "My Media" or URL link an image from MediaFire.

I figured as a conservative you would be in favor of salaries based on what the market will bear? Guess that conservative/capitalism thing only goes so far.

This has nothing to do with conservative or liberal agendas.

This has to do with manipulation by so called "charity" organizations. This has to do with businesses passing the cost of doing business to the taxpayer.

It was not my intent for this to be a political discussion. Only to analyze the benefit of some of these so called "charities" to the people they are actually supposed to help.

If you want to make this political, that is on you.

This has nothing to do with conservative or liberal agendas.

This has to do with manipulation by so called "charity" organizations. This has to do with businesses passing the cost of doing business to the taxpayer.

It was not my intent for this to be a political discussion. Only to analyze the benefit of some of these so called "charities" to the people they are actually supposed to help.

If you want to make this political, that is on you.

Charities are not intended to help anyone....

They are a vehicle for the rich to get a ax deduction, then complain when the downtrodden dont appreciate all they do...

Charities are not intended to help anyone....

They are a vehicle for the rich to get a ax deduction, then complain when the downtrodden dont appreciate all they do...

Exactly. So why do middle class working people keep funding them?

Latest posts

Back