Your US Heritage

With which of these divisions or airlines do you trace your US heritage back to?

• Allegheny (AL)

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Mohawk (MO)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • USAir (1979~1996)

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Pacific Southwest Airlines (PS)

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Piedmont (PI)

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • (Old) US Airways (1996~2006)

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Trump/USAir/US Airways Shuttle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • America West (HP)

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • (New) US Airways (2006~2013)

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Piedmont/PSA (USX)

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

ChockJockey

Veteran
Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Poll for current and former US peoples: thought this might be fun since the US brand is fast approaching retirement. Pretty self-explanatory. I realize there may be more possible choices than what's listed but the poll has a limit to the number of choices.

Reactions: 2 people
all american was allegheny in every way, just the name was changed, lake central was so long ago and inbred with allegheny..there is no difference, same old north east corridor inbred imbecilles....

Empire was a commuter....san antonio sewer pipes and a couple of f-28's.... bunch a f**kin yankees....

nuff said....

questions?

When do I get to drop the chidlish "cactus" call sign, and start saying "American"...

oh yea......ive already forgotten this lovely past....

Reactions: 1 person
by the way, Heritage.....laughing my ass off...

I have a suggestion, remember when Delta bought a 767 for there company and named it "Spirit of Delta" ?

I have a comperable suggestion, how about we pool our money together and purchase the alegheny legacy painted plane, an AB319 I believe....and burn it..!!! in pittsburgh..? perfect.....

Kind of a "putting to rest" all of the years of lovely, kindred spirited, feelings ,everyone has delt with...thatwasnt related to someone in top management, or the janitor, or anyone else.....

just make it end,,please.....

Those F28s when put on the Florida Shuttle accounted for 32% of Piedmont's gross revenue, dont discount what Empire brought to the table.

Also the UCA maintenance base, SYR and UCA Res too.

i think the twa employees also brought an md-80 and named it wings of pride... reverse the colors

after this merger itd be nice to keep all of the heritage including the current us livery and an aa livery the original one that was around before the new scheme took over

Those F28s when put on the Florida Shuttle accounted for 32% of Piedmont's gross revenue, dont discount what Empire brought to the table.

Also the UCA maintenance base, SYR and UCA Res too.

PI did not inherit all of its F28s from Empire. PI was operating F28-1000s in 1984...I was one of the first PI crews licensed to fly them, and I believe PI ended up with more F28s than Empire ever had. The Piedmont Florida Shuttle was operating with those former Garuda Air F28-1000s before Empire came into the mix with its F28-4000s.

But I don't dispute that the Piedmont Florida Shuttle was a huge profit center for the airline. It operated nearly independently and like a fine-tuned Swiss watch as an airline within an airline. Until those arrogant B***ards in Crystal City decided they knew better and started to screw with the aircraft routings and schedules. The Florida Shuttle soon fell apart, SWA saw the opportunity to take it away from US (as they did in California with the former PSA routes) and the US Florida Shuttle ended up with lousy Dash 8 service. Soon, SWA was "Florida's Airline," and US was a distant "also ran."

i think the twa employees also brought an md-80 and named it wings of pride... reverse the colors

after this merger itd be nice to keep all of the heritage including the current us livery and an aa livery the original one that was around before the new scheme took over

I would be willing to see the Piedmont-livery A319 get painted over (since the colors are wrong, anyway) just to NEVER see that Allegheny paint job again. Let's let the heritage paint schemes go away once we are all American Airlines. There is little to be proud of relating to the US Air(ways) history. Let's try to forget it rather than remind everybody what a snake-bit airline LCC was.

Let's try to forget it rather than remind everybody what a snake-bit airline LCC was.

It may have been a snake bitten airline but you guys made it run through all the bad sh!t that went down and for that you should be proud of each other..You, the frontline employees are the real US Airways, not the boardroom and management bozo's..

Reactions: 4 people
I would be willing to see the Piedmont-livery A319 get painted over (since the colors are wrong, anyway) just to NEVER see that Allegheny paint job again. Let's let the heritage paint schemes go away once we are all American Airlines. There is little to be proud of relating to the US Air(ways) history. Let's try to forget it rather than remind everybody what a snake-bit airline LCC was.

What do you mean nothing to be proud of?

When I started here, we had only 8000 employees and still made more net profit than most other airlines in the free world, at the time.

We grew in leaps and bounds and were the launch customer for the 737-300.

Those were proud days back then under Colodny. Then we acquired Piedmont.

I remember taking your 727's down to the hanger and having to open up all the doors and letting them air out for 3 days after we killed all the roaches and flies in the cabin. At the time, we had never seen anything so nasty.

The bird is dead. The color is red.

Reactions: 4 people
What do you mean nothing to be proud of?

When I started here, we had only 8000 employees and still made more net profit than most other airlines in the free world, at the time.

We grew in leaps and bounds and were the launch customer for the 737-300.

Those were proud days back then under Colodny. Then we acquired Piedmont.

I remember taking your 727's down to the hanger and having to open up all the doors and letting them air out for 3 days after we killed all the roaches and flies in the cabin. At the time, we had never seen anything so nasty.

The bird is dead. The color is red.

Proud days under Colodny? You mean the guy that let Gordon Bethune get away in favor of Seth "Deer-in-the-Headlights" Schofield? Those proud days?