$1 billion was all it took to get rid of Saddam...

D

delta777

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article...xile/article.do

Glad Mr. Bush didn't take the deal, we've only had to spend $400,000,000,000 on Iraq thus far. Oops, i almost forgot to throw in the nearly 4,000 dead American soldiers. But really, whats an extra $399 billion dollars and 4,000 american lives between friends???

I especially like this comment from el chimpo,

Asked by the Spanish premier whether Saddam - who was executed in December last year - could really leave, the President replied: "Yes, that possibility exists. Or he might even be assassinated."

But he added that whatever happened: "We'll be in Baghdad by the end of March."

Ever the cocky idiot, thanks el chimpo, thanks :up:

"If we don't stop extending our troops all around the world in nation-building missions, then we're going to have a serious problem." — George W. Bush, Jan. 2001.

I believe your figures are out dated. I believe the current cost in Iraq is at $455 billion ending fiscal 2007 and as I recall W requested another $100+ billion for 2008. Then there is the incidental spending and all the other stuff involved in conducting a war. We are probably well over $1 trillion already when you toss in Afghanistan and according to the GAO they are anticipating it exceeding $2 trillion when all is said in done.

Fiscally responsible republican my ass.

"If we don't stop extending our troops all around the world in nation-building missions, then we're going to have a serious problem." — George W. Bush, Jan. 2001.
I believe your figures are out dated. I believe the current cost in Iraq is at $455 billion ending fiscal 2007 and as I recall W requested another $100+ billion for 2008. Then there is the incidental spending and all the other stuff involved in conducting a war. We are probably well over $1 trillion already when you toss in Afghanistan and according to the GAO they are anticipating it exceeding $2 trillion when all is said in done.

Fiscally responsible republican my ass.

Your right, my numbers were correct. Bush just asked for another $189 Billion for fiscal 2008 for Iraq. This brings the number to more than $600 Billion spent in Iraq since the war began.

The Pentagon estimated in 2002 that the Iraq war would cost $50 billion, though the president's then-economic adviser, Lawrence Lindsey, estimated that costs could run as high as $200 billion. White House officials called Lindsey's estimate "premature," and he left the administration later that year.

In a report this month, Steven M. Kosiak of the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, a research group, said the Iraq war's cost would "almost certainly surpass the cost of the Vietnam War by the end of next year." He estimated that Vietnam cost the United States $518 billion in inflation-adjusted dollars.

Hundreds upon hundreds of billions spent in a foreign country, and when it comes to providing healthcare for America's poor children, el chimpo complains about the cost...

Bush Threatens Veto of Child Health Bill

The program expires Sept. 30, and Congress is on the verge of renewing it by providing coverage to an additional 4 million children over the 6.6 million already enrolled — at an additional cost of $35 billion over five years. Mr. Bush says the bill would expand a program aimed at helping the poor beyond its original intent and prove too costly.

!@!@@????!!! Did this loser just say an additional $35 billion for healthcare for an additional 4 million of America's poorest children would "prove too costly" Then what the Hell does he call the $600 Billion spent Iraq???

We've probably all read about past "Screw Ups" by former presidents before our own time(s), but I swear, I NEVER thought I'd ever SEE, or have to LIVE THROUGH a period as bad as Iraq, and EL CHIMPO !

This ARROGANT MORON, is the worst president EVER....in US History, and these "Chicken shet" republican members of congress, who are trying to play both sides against the middle, to hope they get re-elected in 08'(Instead of speaking, using their OWN minds), are a very close "Second" to that DOPEY Mother ****** in the white house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be interesting to see if enough republicans defect and over ride the veto or if W backs down and signs it. I am hoping for the veto. Does not seem like the votes are there for the veto. I guess that is one more thing the republicans will have to explain come election time.

Back