45 percent of Americans pay no federal income tax

townpete

Corn Field
May 30, 2008
Another liberal lie goes up in smoke.

Roughly half pay no federal income tax because they have no taxable income, and the other roughly half get enough tax breaks to erase their tax liability, explains Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the Tax Policy Center.

Despite the fact that rich people paying little in the way of income taxes makes plenty of headlines, this is the exception to the rule: The top 1 percent of taxpayers pay a higher effective income tax rate than any other group (around 23 percent, according to a report released by the Tax Policy Center in 2014) — nearly seven times higher than those in the bottom 50 percent.

On average, those in the bottom 40 percent of the income spectrum end up getting money from the government. Meanwhile, the richest 20 percent of Americans, by far, pay the most in income taxes, forking over nearly 87 percent of all the income tax collected by Uncle Sam.

You clearly dont get it.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of corporate America who dont pay taxes.

700UW said:

From your link:

By keeping their cash parked overseas, companies like CBS avoid triggering U.S. corporate taxes. Instead, they take advantage of foreign tax structures that are much more forgiving. You see, according to Cato Institute research, the U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate among major industrial nations. Its effective tax rate of 35.6% on new corporate investment is nearly twice the average rate for the 90 countries studied.

That's your much loved liberal progressive tax policy at work.

The more you tax it, the less revenue you'll receive.

700UW said:
You clearly dont get it.

That's not what hypocrisy means.  

hy·poc·ri·sy

həˈpäkrəsē/

noun

1. the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

townpete said:

That's not what hypocrisy means.  

hy·poc·ri·sy

həˈpäkrəsē/

noun

1. the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Simple Definition of hypocrisy

• : the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do : behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel

700UW said:

• : the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do : behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel

700UW said:
You clearly dont get it.

You clearly never get it.

How is corporate america practicing hypocrisy?

700UW said:
You clearly dont get it.

Nice attempt at CYA.

While you're on the subject, corporations enjoy their tax bonanza's from bipartisan created tax law, which many in Congress take advantage of too.

700UW said:

You need to mount this on your wall.

700UW said:
You clearly dont get it.

I seemed to have missed corporate america telling people to pay their taxes while not (legally) paying theirs.

You have a link?

Also it's noteworthy that what they are doing is perfectly legal and acceptable.

Maybe if liberals weren't so tax hungry and wasteful with what they get, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

delldude said:

Nice attempt at CYA.

While you're on the subject, corporations enjoy their tax bonanza's from bipartisan created tax law, which many in Congress take advantage of too.

You need to mount this on your wall.

No joke.

Latest posts

Back