9/11 diversions

I had just bedded down from working a midnight shift doing some runway maintenance when my wife called me from one of the breakrooms in CLT, I put on the tube and I was in awe...That night when our crew went out on the airfield, I was stunned by the silence, in the 28 years I have worked at different airports I have never had the quiet air go through me like that first night....

I was living in Manhattan and was home that day. I hope I never ever have to live the grief that I and 7 millions shared. The attacks on NYC marked the end of the prosperous 90's and I never recovered. The city I fell in love with changed and I could no longer bare the pain of a loss undescribable to non New Yorkers.

I flew in to Lga the night of Sept 10 and we did an usual approach down the Hudson, banking around the WTC and up the East River and on towards LGA. I remember remarking how amazing the site was and how you could almost touch the antenna, The next day I watch Tower 1 AND the antenna fall. I never recovered and really haven't. I moved to Charlotte. I still feel the pain of that day. AND then a friend of mine lost his partner who was the pursor on the JKF fight that crashed in Queens. It was TOO much to bare.

I still bare those scares. It is easier but STILL difficult.

Latest posts