A Campaign In Crisis?

FredF

Senior
Jul 7, 2004
Is the Kerry campaign having a meltdown or what?

First, they come out with the assertion that President Bush has a secret plan to reinstate the draft, something he cannot even do. You would think that a United States Senator, two of them actually would know that. Now you have Kerry trying to scare voters by saying that the Republicans are trying to keep people from voting like in the last election. Problem is that it never happened and the Kerry camp is the one doing everything they can legal or otherwise to get Nader off as many ballots as they can. Talk about taking the rights of the voters.

Now, the junior senator from South Carolina has come out and said
"I'd say if you live in the United States of America and you vote for George Bush, you've lost your mind."

These are the same people he hopes to be elected to govern over.

Other than patent lies, scare tactics and outright voter condemnation, what do they have to offer?

FredF said:
Is the Kerry campaign having a meltdown or what?

...Now you have Kerry trying to scare voters by saying that the Republicans are trying to keep people from voting like in the last election. ...

....Other than patent lies, scare tactics and outright voter condemnation, what do they have to offer?...
[post="187852"][/post]​

Gosh...If I didn't know any better, I'd say they took a page from the Bush campaign...fear seems to work. Bush/Cheney is preaching fear of a terrorist attack, ie, a vote for our opposition is an invitation for a second terrorist attack on our shores. I find it funny that "scare tactics" is cited towards the Kerry campaign. Please...take a real close look at the tactics of fear being utilized by the Bush team.

The Bush team also seems to have a penchant for "bending the truth" (this is apparently quite different from a "patent lie", although bent truth pretty much amounts to a lie).

So let me turn the question back to you...other than patent lies, scare tactics, and outright voter condemnation, what does the Bush team have to offer.

Like I said, you would think that a senator would understand that it takes and act of congress to reinstate the draft yet there he is saying that the President has a secret plan to do just that.

For a senator to say that, there can be no excuse. It is a patent lie and as a senator he should know better.

Maybe if he had shown up to work more, he might.

FredF said:
Like I said, you would think that a senator would understand that it takes and act of congress to reinstate the draft yet there he is saying that the President has a secret plan to do just that.

For a senator to say that, there can be no excuse. It is a patent lie and as a senator he should know better.

[post="187879"][/post]​

You know, it also takes an act of Congress to declare war. Congress granted the president the authorization provided a couple of stipulations were met. Those conditions were promptly disregarded and war was declared.

Kerry said that Bush is planning to reinstate the draft. You say that's a lie. Bush says he has no such intentions to do that. I say that's a lie. Sort of like "read my lips" from Poppy.

IMHO, the draft WILL return, regardless of who occupies the white house. We're in this war for the long run. The line at the recruiting offices for the military or reserves aren't as long as we'd like them to be. Many of the reservists who are over there are getting to the point where they'd like to come home. What will we draw from to help resupply? Maybe if Kerry is elected, we might draw some troops from places like France and Germany and Russia. With Bush in office, the only folks we can turn to are the 18-26 year old Americans.

FredF said:
First, they come out with the assertion that President Bush has a secret plan to reinstate the draft, something he cannot even do.
[post="187852"][/post]​

If Bush were to call for the draft to be reinstituted, calling it a 'national crisis', I'll bet you it would happen pretty quickly with his party controlling Congress. The DOD admits that reinstituting the draft is one of the options being considered, Fred, and who is in command of the DOD?

Now you have Kerry trying to scare voters by saying that the Republicans are trying to keep people from voting like in the last election.

As opposed to saying Kerry will 'negotiate with Al Qaeda' or that 'the terrorists want John Kerry to win'? The Republicans have been trying harder, for longer, to scare more Americans than the Kerry campaign ever thought of, so I'm amazed you even brought that up.

Problem is that it never happened...

Revising history, Fred? It was probably their own fault for having names similar to those of convicted felons, right?

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...304/ai_83553508

http://www.cfpa.org/issues/voterregistration/index.cfm

...and the Kerry camp is the one doing everything they can legal or otherwise to get Nader off as many ballots as they can.

Just as the Republicans tried to exclude Perot and would try to exclude anyone they thought would draw off votes from Bush. On the other hand, this time we have the Republicans cynically encouraging Nader and even donating to his campaign, something the Democrats didn't do for Perot.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/prem/200409/littlefield2

http://www.opensecrets.org/presidential/su...sp?ID=N00000086

Talk about taking the rights of the voters.

Limiting the number of candidates one can vote for as opposed to limiting the number of people who can vote? Sounds like you're talking about two different issues.

"I'd say if you live in the United States of America and you vote for George Bush, you've lost your mind."

Yet Darth Cheney and company have been implying for months that 'a vote for Kerry is a vote for Osama'. Where was your umbrage and wounded sense of fair play then?

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Pa...L20040909a.html

Other than patent lies, scare tactics and outright voter condemnation, what do they have to offer?

I've been asking that question about the Bush campaign for months as they tried to scare America into voting for a losing team again.

FredF said:

[post="187879"][/post]​
Fred,
The Bush years have raped this country financially and now Bush asks how Kerry will get the money for his programs. Give me a break.
The truth to Bush is saying what is nescessary to get re-elected.
He has out and out lied about many issues.
Let's start with WMD and go on to how many troops have been trained in Iraq.

I liked what Kerry said about changing his mind about different issues when he learned of new data to disprove his original position.

When people do not change with new info, they are either stupid stubborn, or both.

Have a nice day.

FredF said:

[post="187852"][/post]​

There are RULES for this forum. You are NOT allowed to slander folks like that. Although John Edwards was BORN in SC, he was "deported" to NC. S. Carolinians aren't that stupid, and I think you owe them an apology for insinuating they would send an In Sync reject to the Senate!!!

Speaking of being "out of your mind", suffice it to say four more years of George W. Bush should make the manufacturers of Prozac very rich people.

Latest posts