A Famous Feminist's take on Palin

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
This editorial article was written by Eve Ensler, the author of the famous play, The Vagina Monologues.

An excerpt...

"I don't like raging at women. I am a Feminist and have spent my life trying to build community, help empower women and stop violence against them. It is hard to write about Sarah Palin. This is why the Sarah Palin choice was all the more insidious and cynical. The people who made this choice count on the goodness and solidarity of Feminists.

But everything Sarah Palin believes in and practices is antithetical to Feminism which for me is part of one story -- connected to saving the earth, ending racism, empowering women, giving young girls options, opening our minds, deepening tolerance, and ending violence and war."

The complete article

Politicians are cold and calculating. Winning the game is more important than how one plays.

This editorial article was written by Eve Ensler, the author of the famous play, The Vagina Monologues.

An excerpt...

"I don't like raging at women. I am a Feminist and have spent my life trying to build community, help empower women and stop violence against them. It is hard to write about Sarah Palin. This is why the Sarah Palin choice was all the more insidious and cynical. The people who made this choice count on the goodness and solidarity of Feminists.

But everything Sarah Palin believes in and practices is antithetical to liberalism which for me is part of one story -- connected to saving the earth, ending racism, empowering women, giving young girls options, opening our minds, deepening tolerance, and ending violence and war."

The complete article

Feminists are liberals, which is why they hate Sarah Palin. I changed one word in the quote and its meaning is unchanged.

So, I take it you are saying that you are a conservative and against all those things--"saving the earth, ending racism, empowering women, giving young girls options, opening our minds, deepening tolerance, and ending violence and war."

Lovely! What a selling point for conservatism!

If you fail to model your life in accordance with the manifesto:

Chinese Star Chamber:
If you refute the charge, you are guilty of refusing to accept constructive criticism, and therefore guilty;
If you refuse to refute the charge, you are guilty as charged.
Either way, you are guilty.

Salem Witch Trials:
If you are strapped to the dunking chair and die through drowning, you were innocent;
If you are strapped to the dunking chair and live, you are a witch and burned at the stake.
Either way, you die.

Even if Palin was a Democrat or Independent, I would question the principals of a woman who would leave her 4 month old newborn (one that needs special love and bonding) to pursue her lust for power.

Clearly her family is in a dire emotional crisis, with an un- wed, under age pregnancy, a son leaving for War, a new born child with special needs, and potential criminal charges facing your actions as a leader. These are issues that every person's reactions should be judged by.

I personally don't like that kind of judgment. That person has very little to offer me as a leader of any kind. Her intentions may be good, but her actions are dreadful. Not good.

So, I take it you are saying that you are a conservative and against all those things--"saving the earth, ending racism, empowering women, giving young girls options, opening our minds, deepening tolerance, and ending violence and war."

Lovely! What a selling point for conservatism!

I've never sen someone so off base as you regarding conservatives and their values.

Why don't you don a tu-tu and go hug a tree in the interest of saving the planet?

Why is it that the conservatives argument seems to typical wind it's way back to the military? Why are we always so concerned about military experience in the WH? And if you are so concerned about military experience why did your party put Regan in office for 8 years? What combat experience did he have? And while we are talking about combat experience, does protecting Indiana from the VC count more than 1+ tours in Viet Nam? Give it a rest already will you?

Why does no one ever ask who you would want to help you with your finances if you are in a bind? This country is $9,000,000,000,000.00 in debt (and climbing). We are owned lock stock and barrel by foreign powers. We are exporting close to $1,000,000,000,000.00 each year to a part of the world that according to the current set of dolts in office are trying to kill us and you are worried about who I want in a fox hole? Get real.

I am far more concerned as to why I am being asked to bail out main street and wall street. I am more concerned about why we were able to put a man on the moon nearly 40 years ago yet our car manufactures say they cannot make a car that can pass US emissions and get 40 or 50 miles to the gallon. I am far more concerned about the fact that we have more homes in foreclosure than at any time since the depression.

But know, you are worried about some stupid fox hole. Guess what, when foreign powers come to US soil to take over, it will not be with a tank and a gun. It will be with a foreclosure notice and a lawyer. Gunboat diplomacy is part of the reason we are in the mess we are in. Your party put a dolt in power who thinks military power is the answer. Which one of the dolts in power has any military experience? Was it the one who claimed "Mission Accomplished"?

Until we abandon the electoral college and the winer take all mentality, a multi-party system is a pipe dream.

Can't give equal representation to the sparsely populated areas with out it.

How so? They still have their sen and reps. The POTUS wold be elected by one vote one person. The vote in WY would count the same as the vote in CA or FL. It would open up the possibility of a real 3rd or even 4th party. It would even open up the possibility of coalitions. WY and SD might decided they have different interests and and elect someone from the E party. If a few other states like this E party then the D and R parties might have to work with them in order to get a majority for something. To me that sounds like better not worse representation. As it stands now the smaller states are neglected as it is unless they are a swing state. If it is opened up to popular vote, the votes are everywhere. You could not focus on a single state to the neglect of others. My vote does not change depending on where I live. If I move to NE tomorrow, I am still going to vote for Obama.

How so? They still have their sen and reps. The POTUS wold be elected by one vote one person. The vote in WY would count the same as the vote in CA or FL. It would open up the possibility of a real 3rd or even 4th party. It would even open up the possibility of coalitions. WY and SD might decided they have different interests and and elect someone from the E party. If a few other states like this E party then the D and R parties might have to work with them in order to get a majority for something. To me that sounds like better not worse representation. As it stands now the smaller states are neglected as it is unless they are a swing state. If it is opened up to popular vote, the votes are everywhere. You could not focus on a single state to the neglect of others. My vote does not change depending on where I live. If I move to NE tomorrow, I am still going to vote for Obama.

Real easy dude.......the major population centers would drive the popular vote and campaigning without needing Joe Sixpack out in Bugtussle Iowa.Hence non equal representation per capita.

Framers of the Constitution time and time again proove they had vison.

The cool thing about all of this is some of the American people are beginning to wake up to the fact that we have a one party system. Voting Republican or Democrat is like deciding which cigarette brand you want to smoke, Marlboro or Winston! Both will give you cancer the choice is who do you want to kill you? Brown & Willaimson or Phillip-Morris? either way you're no less dead. Same in politics.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :up: