A question for A/E Pilots + F/A's

Aug 20, 2002
I fully realize that assumption(to ASS-UME) is a "tricky place to venture into, but, Do the senior Eagle Captains, FO's and f/a's gravitate towards the CRJ-7, since it is the largest A/E aircraft.

Does the -7 pay more, for the pilots ?

As for the F/a's, with 70 seats, there has to be "2" f/a's OB, which helps with the work load.

I'd hate to be working a "50" seater ALONE, on a 3 hr. flight.

Does the -7 have FC ?

Is the -7 based in just ORD?

And finally, how many in the fleet?

MANY THANX(in advance) !!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

I fully realize that assumption(to ASS-UME) is a "tricky place to venture into, but, Do the senior Eagle Captains, FO's and f/a's gravitate towards the CRJ-7, since it is the largest A/E aircraft.

Does the -7 pay more, for the pilots ?

As for the F/a's, with 70 seats, there has to be "2" f/a's OB, which helps with the work load.

I'd hate to be working a "50" seater ALONE, on a 3 hr. flight.

Does the -7 have FC ?

Is the -7 based in just ORD?

And finally, how many in the fleet?

MANY THANX(in advance) !!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

I don't work for Eagle but I do know that the CRJ-7 does not have a first class and that they have 25 of them. Don't know about crew bases but I do know that AE does B checks on them at their new hanger at XNA.

According to this pay chart the CRJ pays more than the other aircraft in AE's fleet.

< http://www.willflyforfood.cc/airlinepilotp...e_Pilot_Pay.php >

The 2003 concessions permitted furloughed mainline pilots to fly the CRJ-700 at Eagle; Dunno how many APA members are currently flying them.

The CRJ-700 pay rates are respectable (as regional jet/commuter ops go), but the Eagle rates aren't proportional to the additional passengers (over the 50 seaters, for instance). Just a few bucks an hour over the ERJ145 rates. Compared to the 140 seat MD-80, the rates are somewhat proportional. At jetBlew, the E190 rates are somewhat proportional to their A320 rates.

The number 2 position on the CRJ at Eagle is a senior position since it is the "princess" position. All you do is the demo and serve, if the No.1 wants you to help. Some prefer that you stay out of their way.No problem for me. I love the aircraft, particularly so for me coming from mainline operations. If it were not the ardous commute from the east coast to ORD, I'd have stayed in ORD and bid nothing but the CRJ month after month. It's an awesome plane compared to the EMB. And we get to brew our own coffee and have hot water for tea unlike the EMB where you get only one coffee urn plugged into the socket in the galley in the morning and that's it for the rest of the day.

Thanx everyone !!

I NOW remember that AA(mainline) got to fly everything over 50 seats.

After looking at the seat chart, its too bad that Bombardier had'nt "built in" a 2nd lav.

Thanx again.

NH/BB's

Back