AA applies for Delta's Seattle-Haneda slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThirdSeatHero said:

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU FREELY ADMIT YOU WERE NOT AWARE???
AMEN!  Can I have an AMEN from the choir?

(However, ThirdSeatHero, I should warn you that attempting to apply logic and getting him to follow the trail to the truth is a wasted effort.  He has no problem saying "I was not aware," but then go into a page and a half dissertation on how that does not make him wrong because...and then it spins off into fantasy land.")

Trust me...just put him on ignore and go on with your life. (If nothing else, it saves enormous amounts of time if you just see "This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by WorldTravelerView it anyway? when you open a thread.  And, you will be amazed at how "on topic" each thread remains if you don't read his posts.  It will be difficult at first because like seeing a bad wreck on the freeway, you will be tempted to slow down and look, but don't.)  He actually prefers just talking to himself.  He never disagrees with himself even when he states in one post that the sky is purple, and then in the very next post will deny he ever said that because obviously the sky is blue.

Reactions: 4 people
WorldTraveler said:
I'm still not sure of the mechanism that  TW employees used to acquire the aircraft but they did in fact own sizable portions of the company as a result of their concessions.again, however, they did not acquire the aircraft out of gratitude but because the company could not meet the promises it made.those employees did not voluntarily acquire the aircraft.DL employees did in fact voluntarily buy the Spirit of Delta.  yes, the M80 ended service in my lifetime. and even if finances are not a factor, your statement is accurate that AA likely won't win the route award - at least you will admit it - because AA's own service pattern at HND is flawed and AA cannot provide anything of any greater public benefit than what DL and NH are already providing on LAX-HND today. further, there is every evidence that AA will suspend LAX-NRT if it wins LAX-HND so there really is no increased public benefit.and you would be naïve to think that the DOT doesn't look at the financial information it collects from airlines when considering route cases. I can think of no case of the DOT awarding a route to an airline when that airline has a track record of significantly underperforming its competitors in the marketplace - which is what AA does or has done on every route to Asia it operates/ed from LAX, ORD, or JFK

Since this topic has drifted so far off into the woods, I would like to add something to the DL employees voluntary purchase of the Spirit of Delta 767. Given that I have several people very close to me whom were in the DL mix at this time, I can say that the word "voluntary" is being used very loosely. For anyone in a management position, it was more of a forced awkward contribution, giving them very little choice. When your superiors came to you with the paperwork, it wouldn't be in your best interest to say No.

wings396 said:
Since this topic has drifted so far off into the woods, I would like to add something to the DL employees voluntary purchase of the Spirit of Delta 767. Given that I have several people very close to me whom were in the DL mix at this time, I can say that the word "voluntary" is being used very loosely. For anyone in a management position, it was more of a forced awkward contribution, giving them very little choice. When your superiors came to you with the paperwork, it wouldn't be in your best interest to say No.
Just as I suspected.  However, wait for it.  There will soon be a rebuttal post that everything you have said is a lie because Dullta employees were begging to have money taken from their paychecks to pay for the airplane.

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:
no, I am not the President of DL.because employee cost saving suggestions cost the employee nothing.TO put a ribbon on cost cutting suggestions and call it equal to something that was actually paid for out of one's own paycheck is a stretch that is well beyond defensible logic.instead of trying to argue that other airline employees have spent their own money to buy an aircraft when it is clear they did not, how about someone explain to me how AA is going to make LAX-HND work when there isn't a single TPAC route competitive with DL or UA where AA has a revenue premium and AA's performance on LAX-NRT is so far below even AA's own TATL routes that it is no surprise that AA loses hundreds of millions on the Pacific - and LAX-NRT is JUST one of AA's Pacific routes.
No you are not the president of DL , you are nothing but a flame baiter with your constant DL BS!! You are a preacher by day and an Internet troll the rest of the time. I'm sure your parishioners would be highly surprised to realize the two very different personalitys you have and the way you treat others on this forum !! Your sick warped sense of reality of your former employer should be evaluated, as should your skills sets to be a preacher !! You are not fit to preach the word!!

Reactions: 4 people
that is fairly accurate but the majority of DL employees are and were frontline and it was completely voluntary for them.

and there were frontline people who did not participate and who advanced into mgmt. later.

I think it's officially time to lock this thread as WT has caused it to drift far out of bounds once again.

Once the DOT makes a decision we can start a new thread of drivel which will inevtiably end up going on some tangent about how WT successfully predicted the future is his own rose colored view of the world, and the Delta is still the best company to ever grace the globe and we all carry on simply because they allow us to.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts