AA FA Recall

upsilon

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
I tried to post this on the last similar thread started by Kirkpatrick; but I found it was Closed. So I'm starting another.

I don't know if many of you are familiar with the Smilin' Jack BB. It was started by a now retired TWA Captain. I was an early joiner when he posted on the Plane Business BB (where Eric was a Former Moderator) and invited us over. Today it is lightly populated by retired TWA pilots and ex-TWA loyalist PAX. Prior to the AA purchase of the TWA European routes I was, and I still am, one of the latter group.

I just read the last post in this thread over there; and I thought it should be shared with this board. The entire thread (and indeed the BB) exemplifies IMO what set TWA apart from OA; but it also sets forth the pride in the profession that I remember from the past. This is the link.

I don't know if many of you are familiar with the Smilin' Jack BB.

I drop in there occasionally but haven't posted in a while. I did notice the nice things said about me by Life_Platinum, who by coincidence was on my first working leg as an AA FA from LGA to ATL. And it's always nice to chat with Capt. Randy.

MK