AA Flight attendants and UNICEF....Nice job!

What really makes it amazing is that it is only collected on our deep south, transatlantic and transpacific flights and that only a small number of FA's are making the announcement and going through and collecting the change. They should be very proud for the difference they are making.

What really makes it amazing is that it is only collected on our deep south, transatlantic and transpacific flights and that only a small number of FA's are making the announcement and going through and collecting the change. They should be very proud for the difference they are making.

I guess we are not as bad as some make us sound to be.

Mikey, a handful of us who switched from the INT to DOM division were doing it on the domestic routes as well with management's consent. Apparently some F/As or passengers complained that it made the passengers feel uncomfortable so we have discontinued UNICEF collections on domestic flights. It is a shame, in my humble opinion. I know we collected quite a bit on the flights in and out of Miami as many of the passengers were connecting to/from international destinations and usually had foreign coins to contribute. Many people were also happy to toss in a quarter or fifty cents, which certainly added up. I am thrilled that we raised over a million dollars for children. I hope this year will be good for UNICEF again.
Art in Miami

Mikey, a handful of us who switched from the INT to DOM division were doing it on the domestic routes as well with management's consent. Apparently some F/As or passengers complained that it made the passengers feel uncomfortable so we have discontinued UNICEF collections on domestic flights. It is a shame, in my humble opinion. I know we collected quite a bit on the flights in and out of Miami as many of the passengers were connecting to/from international destinations and usually had foreign coins to contribute. Many people were also happy to toss in a quarter or fifty cents, which certainly added up. I am thrilled that we raised over a million dollars for children. I hope this year will be good for UNICEF again.
Art in Miami

We are still able to go thru the cabin on non-Duty Free international flights. I did it into and out of Mexico last month. Coming home from PVR, the folks were very generous with their left over pesos. It's a great program.

Back