AA good news for a change

Duke787

Veteran
Feb 6, 2008
ord
http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/10909869/1/american-the-best-airline-stock.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

At least our stock is predicted to go higher.

Duke787 have you not learned anything from kramer and the daily show. If by chance AMR does go to $40 a share at what expense will it be to the workers.

Duke787 have you not learned anything from kramer and the daily show. If by chance AMR does go to $40 a share at what expense will it be to the workers.

If the stock is strong it will be easier for AMR to get credit at favorable rates. I think it only helps the employees if AA is in a stronger position financially. After all the bad decisions that the board has made over the years, they are finally making good deals to help AA in the future.

I have full faith that Bob Owens will bring back to us a TA that is acceptable to all of us.

If the stock is strong it will be easier for AMR to get credit at favorable rates. I think it only helps the employees if AA is in a stronger position financially. After all the bad decisions that the board has made over the years, they are finally making good deals to help AA in the future.

I have full faith that Bob Owens will bring back to us a TA that is acceptable to all of us.
Now that I'm done banging my head into the wall. Great AA gets to a stronger financially postion, better credit and so forth. With the current state of negotiations what institutions are going to want to invest in AA. Just look how even the slight talk of a strike and it hurts booking, what do you think those institutions are thinking AMR stock price is low and the street says its going to $40. we better buy. Goldman sachs and other brokeage houses didn't get to where they are today with there head in the sand.

AA has made good and bad decisions over the years and only now that we are not the biggest airline in the U.S. are things finally geting approved more easily for AA, over 10years for AA/BA. UAL/CAL, NW/DAL done almost overnight

Its been over 2months since the t/a was turned down and we are still waiting to check in with the NMB. AA is laughing all the way to the bank for now!

AA has made good and bad decisions over the years and only now that we are not the biggest airline in the U.S. are things finally geting approved more easily for AA, over 10years for AA/BA. UAL/CAL, NW/DAL done almost overnight

Point of order... you're comparing merger approvals with antitrust approval. Totally different beasts and circumstances.

Merger approval for AA/TW, MQ/HQ, AA/QQ, and AA/OC were all approved about as quickly as UA/CO and NW/DL were, if not quicker.

AA/BA was a unique case. It was approved twice before, but with conditions that were commercially punitive to the deal because of the bi-lateral agreement between the US and the UK. Once the UK caved in on protecting LHR, it was a given that AA/BA was going to be approved. By waiting to file for approval after LHR opened up, they were able to prove there was little to no reason to demand dozens of slots, and the resulting conditions for approval were a non-event compared to what had been requested in the previous two submissions...

But your point about no longer being the largest is still quite valid. It's going to help AA out in route authority proceedings where Open Skies doesn't exist, and it's going to make less of a case for declaring a PEB.

But your point about no longer being the largest is still quite valid. It's going to help AA out in route authority proceedings where Open Skies doesn't exist, and it's going to make less of a case for declaring a PEB.
Perhaps, but they werent the largest in 1997 either, and there was a lot more surpluss capacity back then. Either way, we will be ready to walk if thats what it takes, will the thousands of passengers AA flies everyday be?

Perhaps, but they werent the largest in 1997 either, and there was a lot more surpluss capacity back then. Either way, we will be ready to walk if thats what it takes, will the thousands of passengers AA flies everyday be?

Can you imagine how painful the 30 day cooling off period will be for AA and the employees. I hope AA doesn't let negotiations get that far. If AA is making the TWU mad (the most lap dog union in the industry). Then the troubleshooting chart points to AA management being unreasonable.

Back to the subject though, simply said AMR's stock being strong, doesn't hurt anybody.

Can you imagine how painful the 30 day cooling off period will be for AA and the employees. I hope AA doesn't let negotiations get that far. If AA is making the TWU mad (the most lap dog union in the industry). Then the troubleshooting chart points to AA management being unreasonable.

Back to the subject though, simply said AMR's stock being strong, doesn't hurt anybody.
Perhaps a little more painful than the last seven years but sometimes thats whats neccissary in order to get things fixed.
Brundage has made his position clear. Get ready, take care of any medical proceedures you may need and dont make any large purchases.

Wonder how the stock will do then?

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/10909869/1/american-the-best-airline-stock.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

At least our stock is predicted to go higher.
AMR stock is predicted to go higher. Don't they realize the whole house of card that is the U.S. economy is on the verge of collapse. The FED has monetized our debt again (QE2) by buying up bonds that No ONE wants to buy because the dollar is being devalued. Now the Chinese are pissed because the Yuan is pegged to the dollar and they don/t want to devalue their currency. It will get very interesting in the next couple of years, if not sooner.

Perhaps, but they werent the largest in 1997 either

Clinton called for a PEB in 1997 because the pilots were trying to strike over Presidents' Day Weekend. AA was still the dominant carrier on the east coast at the time.

As for who was biggest.... I just happen to have my 1997 ATW World Airline Report in front of me...

In 1997, UA was still largest in terms of RPK's, and AA was #2. Delta was #1 in passengers, AA was #2.

If you look at just domestic US services, AA was #3 in both categories. CO was #4 and Southwest was #5.

AA had the largest fleet at 641 aircraft, and still had 90,600 employees.

So you're right. AA wasn't largest. They were second or third largest.

Clinton called for a PEB in 1997 because the pilots were trying to strike over Presidents' Day Weekend. AA was still the dominant carrier on the east coast at the time.

As for who was biggest.... I just happen to have my 1997 ATW World Airline Report in front of me...

In 1997, UA was still largest in terms of RPK's, and AA was #2. Delta was #1 in passengers, AA was #2.

If you look at just domestic US services, AA was #3 in both categories. CO was #4 and Southwest was #5.

AA had the largest fleet at 641 aircraft, and still had 90,600 employees.

So you're right. AA wasn't largest. They were second or third largest.
so what are chances of a PEB or binding arbitration your thoughts

I'll give you a hint of what is going on. AA wants TULE to become an MRO at MRO costs. They have BIG plans for that place that involve partnering with a certain airplane manufacturer to do warranty work on a certain new yet to fly jetliner.
TULE is already enacting changes at that base to transition it into just that. They cannot wait any longer for a new contract.
Whatever one may think of "unreasonable" or "reasonable," TULE will become an MRO. The people are already put in place in maintenance with the expertise in both managing and running aviation facilities. They were hired with some pretty impressive credentials.
Does anyone think this is purely "coincidental?"
DWH hangar "coincidental?"
TA with language should a sale or change of ownership occur for the base "coincidental?"

I'll give you another hint...There's more than one reason the TWU recommended a yes vote for the TA and it wasn't just because they are a company union.......
They were told of the future for that base and by getting a TA in place would have prolonged the transition allowing current workers there an easier move to an MRO way of life.

hopeful if AA does make Tule a MRO, will they be completely sold off to another compamy or is going to be part of AMR? Will we be able to have any transfer rights. (guessing boeing and the 787 what else is there)

How much work will AA continue to do in house i.e. dwh, C checks and so forth. how much more will we srink?

also the language about the sale of the base was something the TWU wanted in the contract

hopeful if AA does make Tule a MRO, will they be completely sold off to another compamy or is going to be part of AMR? Will we be able to have any transfer rights. (guessing boeing and the 787 what else is there)

How much work will AA continue to do in house i.e. dwh, C checks and so forth. how much more will we srink?

also the language about the sale of the base was something the TWU wanted in the contract

From the rumblings im hearing..it will continue to be part of AA. The Boeing end is the GOLDCARE service they will provide for the 787. But who knows in the future, if Boeing will offer a complete warranty and repair service based out of TULE for other aircraft as well. The facility is huge with room to grow and more space will be provided once more of AA's core work moves to DWH and AFW. The plans are substantial. this is why AA will get the costs down once it transforms into an MRO.
As for the TWU's role...Once they are onboard with this transformation, they will continue to represent that base. However, under a separate contract.
I foresee AA continuing to do in house work. the beneift will be a new cost structure for future employees.

I foresee AA continuing to do in house work. the beneift will be a new cost structure for future employees.

And eventually the future employees will outnumber the nAAtives and everyone will be working under a new cost structure. Its a round world and what goes around goes around ;)

Latest posts