AA looking for a domestic alliance partner

Sure, AS makes a ton of sense for AA. But AA doesn''t make sense for AS. Because of their network, they codeshare with whoever they want to - everyone wants a piece of them. I think right now they have deals with AA, CO, HA and NW.

AA and AWA have had discussions on an alliance..The AWA CEO said that it has been put on a back burner for now because of all the problems in the industry in general...AWA needs a alliance/codeshare partner..Their choices are either AA or a low fare alliance with ...say an Airtran/ATA/B6 etc...

Thanks FWAAA,
for saying what was on my mind. With JBLU''s market capitalization, It would be impossible for AMR to pull off a purchase. We have no intention of getting the TWA treatment.

----------------
On 6/19/2003 1:45:32 AM AC AA LA FA wrote:

Is not AW and CO involved in a code share marketing agreement?
It would seem AS is the choice to make..

----------------​
Their code share is dead now. They cancelled it in favor of further code sharing with NW and now DL.

I''ve heard that AS is reworking their current marketing agreements and that AA isn''t playing such a big part in the future plans at AS. It makes more sense for AS to move their business to the DL/CO/NW alliance. Not one of them have an extensive west coast network. Delta is the closest thing you have but you can''t very easily fly them up and down the west coast and their Alaska operation is limited.

AA is the last airline that I want to get close to - I''ve seen what you did to OC/QQ/TW - No thanks!!!