AA Management Bonuses - Despite More Losses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if I was to place myself in Bob's shoes, and these discussion boards are to remain airline related instead of personal, then it seems that finding something to brag about is really asking alot.

Think about it, Bob was removed from elected Union Office, not by those that elected him but the TWU International, and he now has to live daily with a Lawsuit against his own union to enforce his democratic rights in the organization. Meanwhile, the same union and the company together placed him and his family in financial stress while at the same time giving hefty cash Executive Bonuses, while the Airline has failed to show a profit and is supposed to be on track to emerge from "The Lawyers are on the Bankruptcy Court Steps".

Yeah I would bet it is difficult for Bob to find something to brag about and remain on topic and within the rules that govern this boaed.

What I cannot figure, is why High Speed Steel would try to #### slap Bob about not having Bragging rights as if it were all his fault this has happened. Some on this bulletin board have very strange ways of venting their opinions.

I think if I was to place myself in Bob's shoes, and these discussion boards are to remain airline related instead of personal, then it seems that finding something to brag about is really asking alot.

Think about it, Bob was removed from elected Union Office, not by those that elected him but the TWU International, and he now has to live daily with a Lawsuit against his own union to enforce his democratic rights in the organization. Meanwhile, the same union and the company together placed him and his family in financial stress while at the same time giving hefty cash Executive Bonuses, while the Airline has failed to show a profit and is supposed to be on track to emerge from "The Lawyers are on the Bankruptcy Court Steps".

Yeah I would bet it is difficult for Bob to find something to brag about and remain on topic and within the rules that govern this boaed.

What I cannot figure, is why High Speed Steel would try to #### slap Bob about not having Bragging rights as if it were all his fault this has happened. Some on this bulletin board have very strange ways of venting their opinions.

informer, How does this rate on your venting of opinions scale???.....See below

They really dont care if we find out about this because we cant remove them anyhow, however Gary Yingst was VERY VERY concerned during his deposition that we would release his home address,which is understandable given that there are a lot of people carrying guns in Oklahoma, in fact the lawyers for the TWU asked the court for an injunction barring me from disclosing anything from the depositions.

Hackman, you are incorrect. As my buddy points out, the present retiree medical program (such as it is) for UAL mechanics was negotiated by AMFA in February of 2004. The IAM negotiated a different and better plan for retirees from its work groups a couple of months later. As for the pension, even you should remember the AMFA agreed to termination of the plan last spring on the heels of Delle's famous "we have a gun to our head" letter

Hackman, you are incorrect. As my buddy points out, the present retiree medical program (such as it is) for UAL mechanics was negotiated by AMFA in February of 2004. The IAM negotiated a different and better plan for retirees from its work groups a couple of months later. As for the pension, even you should remember the AMFA agreed to termination of the plan last spring on the heels of Delle's famous "we have a gun to our head" letter

Knock Knock, the AMFA drive at AA is over. Please remain on topic. If wish to continue the AMFA bashing fine, but please open your own thread to do that.

This threads topic is management bonuses!

without going into lots of history, the bonuses while excessive at this time, have been around in any business for a long time. We have all sacrificed and continue to do so, but at least the UNIONS at AA are still viable players. Some of the posters have personal axes to grind with certain union officials. Some of those same posters backed the wrong horse in a possible representation exercise, get over it. In the 2003 debacle, some who were representing us had an agenda to one embarass the Union, and two to drive the Company into bankruptcy. Even the judge in NEW YORK CITY when she dismissed the suit brought by certain people said, bankruptcy was not a place for us to be. Looking around the airline business, I would comment her sage advice still is applicable. Who was it that said, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"? I think it was Harry Truman. We need that toughness to get through adversity. I would say our collective lot is better than others at other airlines, but to some of you that doesn't mean a thing.

For those of you who are crying about how bad the TWU has performed in all of this just take a look at what BK will get you. Amfa stuck it to 'em this time!!!! color] :shock:
United's Tilton could get stock, options worth $15 million

Associated PressCHICAGO - United Airlines CEO Glenn Tilton could receive stock and options worth $15 million, base pay of more than $600,000 and a bonus that could double his salary when the carrier emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy next month, company documents and court papers show.
Tilton would get 545,000 restricted shares and 822,000 options, or just more than 1 percent of the $1.9 billion in equity United intends to issue, if a bankruptcy judge approves.
Overall, United plans to set aside 8 percent of the equity it plans to issue - at a value of around $152 million - for about 400 salaried and management employees.
The proposed incentive plan for senior managers and directors of the nation's No. 2 airline will be a touchy issue as a Chicago bankruptcy court starts hearings Jan. 18. about United's plan for exiting bankruptcy.
Unions representing workers at United, a unit of Elk Grove Village, Ill.-based UAL Corp., blasted the potentially lucrative equity programs Wednesday, noting that United workers have agreed to millions of dollars of pay cuts to help restore the airline to financial health.
"Such compensation for executives is outrageous considering the sacrifices other employees have made," said Joseph Tiberi, a spokesman for the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. "Our members alone will have sacrificed more than $4.6 billion" in wages, benefits and pensions.
United spokeswoman Jean Medina strongly defended the incentive plan.
"Such equity programs are standard practice," she said. "We believe this program aligns the interests of management and shareholders. And if we are going to attract the best talent, we believe this is essential."
A compensation expert hired by United estimated the company's restricted stock would be worth $13.75 per share, with the options valued at $9.12 - though the final value of the equity grants will depend on how the reorganized company's stock does on the market.
Three executive vice presidents at United would pocket restricted stock and options worth $6 million each, and four senior vice presidents would each receive equity grants worth $3 million. Thirty-one other company officers would each get $750,000 in grants, and 366 other managers would receive $100,000 in equity.

Shut the place down then see how many options they get

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going"?

I punch out and go home :lol:

Yea, Bill, I'm sure you're mighty proud of your elitist management.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

You think I condone this?? Get real man. It amazes me that you and many of the other here (publicly) refuse to see the truth. Tilton has gotten his. That's a done deal. Was there talk with the unions over it???? My point to posting this article is a simple one. UAL emerged into into BK by some vigilante state of mind from some over zealous union leaders "just doing what was best for their members" and now look where it has gotten them. AA doesn't look so "bad" compared with THAT!!!!! (look for the old song and dance from a few)

I wonder what kind of "kickback Delle got????

It must be the booze induced fog that so many twu believers find themselves in. The iam abandon its retirees who paid dues for so many years into the iam coffers, AMFA did not have to negotiate anything for the retirees, (the UAL retiree association also actively participated in the meetings), but AMFA did since the IAM left them all hanging, again. The pension was gutted by the company, not AMFA. UAL union members should have struck UAL over this issue. However, because of the cowardice and stupidity as is the case with AFL-CIO unions today, the other UAL union leaders would not support a strike with AMFA. In addition, the IAM cowered with every turn at US Airways, and most likely will cower again at NWA when management guts the IAM contract next week.

Back on topic, when is Jimmy Do-little passing out the new TWU slogan t-shirts? "Show us the shared bone-us Jimmy" might be a good one. :huh:

You think I condone this?? Get real man. It amazes me that you and many of the other here (publicly) refuse to see the truth. Tilton has gotten his. That's a done deal. Was there talk with the unions over it???? My point to posting this article is a simple one. UAL emerged into into BK by some vigilante state of mind from some over zealous union leaders "just doing what was best for their members" and now look where it has gotten them. AA doesn't look so "bad" compared with THAT!!!!! (look for the old song and dance from a few)

I wonder what kind of "kickback Delle got????

You have no problem bashing unions and their leaders, but you don't seem to find it disturbing that in bankruptcy, UAL, USAir and NWA all asked their respective bankruptcy judges to void all the labor agreements unless the unions agreed to company imposed pay, benefit and rule changes. Then after they asked the judges to abbrogate the labor agreements, these same CEO's asked their respective bankruptcy judges to increase their salary and compensation packages for themselves and the elitist executive class.

So why don't you discuss this issue, then we can discuss what Delle got.

Then after that, we can discuss what Little has been getting since Koziatek. Then we can discuss what Koziatek got in return for the famous 6 1/2% over six years!

You have no problem bashing unions and their leaders, but you don't seem to find it disturbing that in bankruptcy, UAL, USAir and NWA all asked their respective bankruptcy judges to void all the labor agreements unless the unions agreed to company imposed pay, benefit and rule changes. Then after they asked the judges to abbrogate the labor agreements, these same CEO's asked their respective bankruptcy judges to increase their salary and compensation packages for themselves and the elitist executive class.

So why don't you discuss this issue, then we can discuss what Delle got.

Then after that, we can discuss what Little has been getting since Koziatek. Then we can discuss what Koziatek got in return for the famous 6 1/2% over six years!

Easy Hopeful, I'm a union member in good standing, I'm on your side dude! Management greed pisses me off as much as it does you. I was only making the point (with the article) that UAL is in much worse condition than AA and their top-"dawg" has already gotten his, and they're in BK. THAT SUCKS!!

As far as Delle goes, I have absolutely no idea what he got, if anything. It wouldn't surprise me, but I don't have a clue. Just ribbin' is all. :)

Pissed off doesn't begin to describe what's going in this industry, let alone the country, when it comes to corporate greed!

Well, the 10 day rule will apply to this issue soon, and most if not all will forget about it and move on to the next issue.

Been fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts