AA needs $1 billion more in savings!

there are two reasons southwest remains profitable for the time.

1 Simplified fleet (737) no extra costs to train on multiple types of aircraft.
everyone is legal to work no issues on if they are qualled to work that type of equipement.

2 the biggest reason is the fuel hedge. I forgot wherre i read it but it said that if you took into account WN paying for fuel that AA, CO, UA, NW are paying they would have lost also.

3 They are not immune.

BINGO!

Their fuel hedge is slowly depleting and it will begin to hurt their profits soon. :shock:

TWnr...

If I wanted to clean planes I would have applied for Cabin Service or to be a Flight Attendnats at SWA. Yes, times have changed but we are NOT Cabin Service!

I think they should be paid for the work they do, do it the way Southwest does that all I would say.

You would obviously exclude, International flights and other exceptions, I am primarily speaking about S-80, 737, and perhaps 757 flights.

Yes, by all means, force the junior people already flying the worst schedules to clean planes too. This sounds like a great idea. All of the furloughs should be recalled within a year of this one going into effect. Junior people will be dropping like flies.

The funny thing (major eye roll) will be watching the passengers dropping like flies too as they realize that NOBODY is cleaning the planes. You can make this into a rule all you want and people won't be doing it. It is kind of like the silly notes, memos, and emails about doing inventory on the duty free and liquor carts. Ok.............right away.