AA needs $1 billion more in savings!

You guys are so sweet.

So, AA needs another $1,000,000,000.00 in savings? Damn would you look at all those zero's. How much more are you guys going to have to give up in concessions to make-up for all those zeros? What will this be, round two or three? Oh who's counting four, five, six...who gives a damn? Why do you suppose they always say "one billion in savings." Why don't they say, “We need to generate one billion dollars in new revenues.â€￾?

If you guys don't mind I would really like to throw a flag here.

The problem lies with the passengers. I have never seen such a case where people are so rude and careless about someone else’s property. On every flight I have been an the F/A's get on the PA and tell the passengers that they will be coming by to collect all the trash to please collect it up including unwanted papers and magazines and to please remove any trash from the pocket in front of you. Only about a third of the passengers will actually do it. What is the deal with them sticking the gum everywhere? That’s just nasty. A charter flight? That’s just guaranteed to come back destroyed. Passengers are as rude about trash as they are their carry-ons.

Yes; let's get rid of the passengers then we'll have clean planes. Duh.

What's needed is a information video like the one's in the movie theatres . You went in found a seat and watched 30 minutes of " turn off your cell phones", yada, yada. Well the same people who talk on their cell during the movie, are the same that leave gum in the seat pocket, not to mention soiled diapers. I remember TW 880 ( 747 ) to TLV would be trashed before the jetway, was even pulled.

AA has to take a New York in-your-face additude with the passengers, they'll only appreciate it if we inform them up front. Todays passenger have no loyalty to AA, they're in it for the money, they paid their $199 to the coast, and they want as much bang for their buck.

Maybe instead on CNN on the terminal monitors ( most business people, are too busy with e-mail and blackberry to even notice CNN. The ones that do watch CNN are the family of four with two brats in the mix.

Yeh; let's get a Homer ( Simpson ) type to tell the kids to clean up their act while in the air. I couldn't hurt.
:up:

You guys are so sweet.

So, AA needs another $1,000,000,000.00 in savings? Damn would you look at all those zero's. How much more are you guys going to have to give up in concessions to make-up for all those zeros? What will this be, round two or three? Oh who's counting four, five, six...who gives a damn? Why do you suppose they always say "one billion in savings." Why don't they say, “We need to generate one billion dollars in new revenues.â€￾?
back to your board scab we got enough problems.Go put some stickers deferred on something.

The problem lies with the passengers. I have never seen such a case where people are so rude and careless about someone else’s property. On every flight I have been an the F/A's get on the PA and tell the passengers that they will be coming by to collect all the trash to please collect it up including unwanted papers and magazines and to please remove any trash from the pocket in front of you. Only about a third of the passengers will actually do it. What is the deal with them sticking the gum everywhere? That’s just nasty. A charter flight? That’s just guaranteed to come back destroyed. Passengers are as rude about trash as they are their carry-ons.

How insightful, a SCAB Who preaches on such things as common courtesy... :lol:

If you guys don't mind I would really like to throw a flag here.

You don't fly much do you FM? I'm sure AA operates much like NWA, I would like to say the problem is not with the F/A's cleaning prior to landing. The problem lies with the passengers. I have never seen such a case where people are so rude and careless about someone else’s property. On every flight I have been an the F/A's get on the PA and tell the passengers that they will be coming by to collect all the trash to please collect it up including unwanted papers and magazines and to please remove any trash from the pocket in front of you. Only about a third of the passengers will actually do it. What is the deal with them sticking the gum everywhere? That’s just nasty. A charter flight? That’s just guaranteed to come back destroyed. Passengers are as rude about trash as they are their carry-ons.

==========================================================

Addressed to..... P(os) T O.

YOU are a S..C..A..B !!

A FILTHY, DIRTY, UNCONTIONABLE S..C..A..B !!

GET BACK OVER TO NW, WITH THE REST OF THE "VERMIN" !!

DON"T COME OVER HERE, CARRYING "YOUR" DISEASE !!

NH/BB's

Addressed to Former ModerAAtor !!

"E",

Lets get "REAL" serious here, with each other !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cabin turns. After lil' johnny has spilled his bag of cheerios(from home) and ground them into the rugs, how in HEL* are the F/A's suppose to deal with that ??

Perhaps F/A mikey, and jimntx should invest in their own personal "hoakie", and pack it in their flight bags, to start their trips ??

Don't EVEN get me started on the lav's !!!!!!!!

For the F/A's, picking up the "heavy's" is one thing(seat pockets/newspapers), and even pillows and blankets.

My ol' grandmother had an ol' saying. "You can roll a 8 inch pie crust, until the cows come home, BUT you'll NEVER get it to cover a 10 inch pie plate" !!!

OK, "E", now lets talk about where the $$$$ "IS" going to come from.

Unless OIL goes down(and with the A$$ HOLE in DC, NOTHING is going to go down for another 2 1/2 years), the $$ will come from shutting down MORE mainline stations,( I would NOT want to be in stations like BDL/BWI/MSY/DTW/MCI/ELP/SAT/AUS/TUS/ABQ/SAN/SEA) and turning them over to A/E, WHO, can do it VERY nicely with an A/C like say a EMB-190.

And yes, "Here I go AGAIN". ....... "uncle" Bobby vowed, he would NOT chase domestic Nickles and Dimes, and would fly Mainline hub/hub...Transcons, and International "ONLY" !!!

My friend, I AWAIT your reply.

Respectfully,

NH/BB's

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"E",

Don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I'm waiting for your reply to my original post to you.

Thanx,

NH/BB's

I don't really see the 300 regional jet order to replace the S-80 coming any time soon. AA is pretty much stuck with what they have for the time being.

Explain again, why Southwest F/A can clean the cabin but AA F/A can't? Southwest planes always look clean to me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oneflyer,
Instead of "touting" WN, if YOU know ANYTHING about this business, explain HOW AA F/A's should handle a couple of PUKE JOBS, Cheerios ground into the floor, spread over 3 rows(as I mentioned before), or some "MISPLACED" FECES in a lav or two, while folding pillows and blankets, all under the "ticking time clock" of a 35 minute turn, on a FULL s-80 IN, and a FULL s-80 OUT ???

"I'm WAITING" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

ps.
All AA a/c have(at least) 3 lavs, compared to WN's 2, AND there is that small matter of something WN knows NOTHING about.
It's called "FIRST CLASS" (cabin)

==========================================================

Addressed to..... P(os) T O.

YOU are a S..C..A..B !!

A FILTHY, DIRTY, UNCONTIONABLE S..C..A..B !!

GET BACK OVER TO NW, WITH THE REST OF THE "VERMIN" !!

DON"T COME OVER HERE, CARRYING "YOUR" DISEASE !!

NH/BB's
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"E",

Don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I'm waiting for your reply to my original post to you.

Thanx,

NH/BB's
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oneflyer,
Instead of "touting" WN, if YOU know ANYTHING about this business, explain HOW AA F/A's should handle a couple of PUKE JOBS, Cheerios ground into the floor, spread over 3 rows(as I mentioned before), or some "MISPLACED" FECES in a lav or two, while folding pillows and blankets, all under the "ticking time clock" of a 35 minute turn, on a FULL s-80 IN, and a FULL s-80 OUT ???
"I'm WAITING" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NH/BB's

ps.
All AA a/c have(at least) 3 lavs, compared to WN's 2, AND there is that small matter of something WN knows NOTHING about.
It's called "FIRST CLASS" (cabin)

Lets see, there aren't any meals on coach, there aren't any pillows any more, I'm sure that southwest allows babies and children so if they can handle it, again why can't AA F/As? First class meals are rare, to say the least, if you do get a meal its on a tray. Most people in first are business travellers, so tend to be cleaner.

So sure, some flights F/As can't clean, but there are a lot that they can clean.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, First Class pax tend to be cleaner? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, CAN'T.... stop.... laughing. First Class usually looks like a kindergarten class just spent the entire flight up there on the floor. Cleaner? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Lets see, there aren't any meals on coach, there aren't any pillows any more, I'm sure that southwest allows babies and children so if they can handle it, again why can't AA F/As? First class meals are rare, to say the least, if you do get a meal its on a tray. Most people in first are business travellers, so tend to be cleaner.

So sure, some flights F/As can't clean, but there are a lot that they can clean.
Why dont you clean the aircraft?

Flight attendants are paid for flight time, and during the flight they do clean the aircraft, what they can. Once the plane lands they are not getting paid so why should they clean up?

If you want them to clean up then you should pay them until they get off the aircraft, but then it would be cheaper to hire cleaners. You seem to want Flight Attendants to work for free.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, First Class pax tend to be cleaner? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, CAN'T.... stop.... laughing. First Class usually looks like a kindergarten class just spent the entire flight up there on the floor. Cleaner? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I spend 173 hours a month at the terminal, and I can positively say that coach is usually messier, particularly JFK and Miami/Caribbean flights. I don't know if the pax are messier or the FC FAs just pick up better, but the end results are quite apparent.

Perhaps someone from Cabin Svc will comment on this.

F/C pax are way more likely to use the underseat storage for their personal office waste can than coach pax. Usually after international arrivals, F/C-B/C, usually looks like a huricane went through the cabin. By no means is coach clean, just that people are people and F/C pax are NO cleaner just because of where they sit!! A case could be made for the past when jeans, shorts and flip flops weren't the current dressing attair for the front of the plane.

You guys are so sweet.

Get the heck outta here, you filthy rotten SCAB! Go here and have fun SCAB.

Why dont you clean the aircraft?

Flight attendants are paid for flight time, and during the flight they do clean the aircraft, what they can. Once the plane lands they are not getting paid so why should they clean up?

If you want them to clean up then you should pay them until they get off the aircraft, but then it would be cheaper to hire cleaners. You seem to want Flight Attendants to work for free.

I think they should be paid for the work they do, do it the way Southwest does that all I would say.

You would obviously exclude, International flights and other exceptions, I am primarily speaking about S-80, 737, and perhaps 757 flights.