AA pilots don't like the new uniforms

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
The APA issued a hotline on Wed. listing their main complaints with the new duds:

https://public.alliedpilots.org/apa/ForTheMedia/APAInformationHotline/APAInformationHotlineArchive/tabid/950/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/5761/APA-Board-of-Directors-Special-Meeting.aspx

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/american-airlines-pilots-we-dont-like-the-new-uniforms.html/

Not terribly surprising that the new management that would cheapen the legacy AA meals in premium cabins last Sept 1 would also cheap-out on the new uniforms. It's all they know.

As the cockroaches used to say - Parker and Kirby know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Haven't heard from the flight attendants and whether they're satisfied with their new imported uniforms.

Reactions: 1 person
This is theme that DUI is long famous for. Whether it be uniforms, meals, service amenities, equipment, paying employees....you name it, DUI always goes with the cheaper option.

Reactions: 2 people
FWAAA said:
The APA issued a hotline on Wed. listing their main complaints with the new duds:

https://public.alliedpilots.org/apa/ForTheMedia/APAInformationHotline/APAInformationHotlineArchive/tabid/950/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/5761/APA-Board-of-Directors-Special-Meeting.aspx

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/american-airlines-pilots-we-dont-like-the-new-uniforms.html/

Not terribly surprising that the new management that would cheapen the legacy AA meals in premium cabins last Sept 1 would also cheap-out on the new uniforms. It's all they know.

As the cockroaches used to say - Parker and Kirby know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Haven't heard from the flight attendants and whether they're satisfied with their new imported uniforms.

Well...taking a page from management's own dress codes; one might reasonably suggest something less drab, uncomfortable and plainly ridiculous than a double-breasted-gray-warbler look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVgjcyH4Ghk

In an effort to offer the public a bit more dignified presentation than the above; I say we at least go with a formal kilt and swim fins.....

EastUS1 said:
Well...taking a page from management's own dress codes; one might reasonably suggest something less drab, uncomfortable and plainly ridiculous than a double-breasted-gray-warbler look:

In an effort to offer the public a bit more dignified presentation than the above; I say we at least go with a formal kilt and swim fins.....
You are obsessed with that video and purple tutu's. Secret admirer of Scott Kirby? :lol:

Reactions: 3 people
Why would any of us be happy? We are just trolls. Go ahead and say what you thank maybe a good idea and see what happens. Our words are never herd. Please, someone prove me wrong

Reactions: 4 people
I am glad I read it, its a test uniform that only certain people are wearing, your post is misleading.

The morning session was devoted to a presentation by the Uniform Committee on the ongoing new uniform wear test. Along with detailed remarks by committee chairman CA Ivan Rivera and committee members, other participants in the wear test shared their viewpoints. While individual perspectives varied, the consensus is that the uniforms as tested are unacceptable and management needs to identify a new uniform vendor. The testers cited concerns regarding material quality, uniform construction and fit. After the committee’s presentation and a question-and-answer session, the board voted to approve the following motion:

UPNAWAY said:
Didn't the employees participate in the entire process from designs to fabric etc?
This company has never listened to anyone except themselves, and the sound of cash flow for them and pay cuts
the workers.

Since DUI Doug and his band of miscreants have come over to AA, it's just much worse now than ever before.

"Participate in the process" That canned response is what we have come to expect from the corporate robots.

Reactions: 4 people
Pardon my ignorance, but are there currently operational differences in the uniforms for flight attendants and pilots? Also are the issues with uniform centered more on the design or the quality of material? Reading the article, it looks like there's a desire for more options, but I didn't necessarily see any issues with the design itself?

Problems with material. Looks good, but too hot for tropical climates. Designers office's in NY or LA might be cool in the winter, EZE and GIG are a little warm at the same time for pilots preflighting on 110F ramps.

Metrosexual leather jacket. Beyond pathetic. A Vespa scooter given to each employee would be a perfect match.

Lethal accessories worn by some pilots. Apparently a little known concept to consider for bicoastal designers they haven't thought out.

Rumor is taking an iron to the material releases a toxic gas cloud.

Pilot input was taken as window dressing, 'don't bother us, we are expert designers, you'll look good no matter how miserable you feel' ;)

What is wrong with a nice traditional uniform instead of this designer BS that looks OK on some and like $hit on the others? I mean, come on!!! It's not that hard! That leather jacket for example looks NOTHING like a pilot jacket and doesn't identify you as one. It looks like a squared off jacket that they decided to make out of leather instead of fabric.

And do the stripes come in something other than the economy LARGE size???

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts