AA pilots don't like the new uniforms

FWAAA said:
The APA issued a hotline on Wed. listing their main complaints with the new duds:

Haven't heard from the flight attendants and whether they're satisfied with their new imported uniforms.
We haven't got our uniforms yet.  They are still in the "test wearing" stage.
Generically,here are a couple of problems with the new uniforms.

1.  First and foremost, gray is a problematic color.  On people like me who work hard to maintain our weight (at my age, it's too friggin' hard to get it off once it's on), it's fine.  However, with people that have extra pounds on (see also, the majority of f/as over 40), it makes you look even heavier.
2.  One of the female options is a skirt, blouse and zippered jacket.  My sister-in-law said, "it looks like something I would wear to work."  She is a middled-aged, middle school librarian.  Need I say more?
3.  Have heard through the grapevine that the new uniform is even hotter (as in temperature, not allure :lol:)  than our current two best friends, Polly and Esther.

Reactions: 1 person
I have seen the new uniform on a middle aged attractive female FA, who was of average build, the uniform did not look good. AA would have been better off going to Aramark rather then whoever they went to.

It might be a better time for AA to have a survey, since the flight crews have new contracts, probably in a better mood to have some interest in what the company is doing.

Reactions: 1 person
EastCheats said:
You are obsessed with that video and purple tutu's. Secret admirer of Scott Kirby? :lol:

Not everyone can be such an ardent, shoe-sole-licking, knee-pad-wearing, eager fanboy of management as yourself kid. Many of us live our lives in what's known as the real world, versus Fantasyland. Just sayin'...

E,

I believe it's pragmatic request based on the fact it may not be possible.

A little bit like selling old city architecture tours in Dresden in May of 1945. Not much left to look at.

Are the current uniforms manufactured in the USA? I'm certain that if you wave enough money, you can get whatever you want tailored here. 12,000 pilots multiplied by, say, $5,000 each is a mere $60 million. And that's a generous estimate. $500 still buys a pretty nice wool suit unless you're infatuated with brand names.

I realize that Drunken Parker would rather spend just $150 per pilot if he could get away with it (for a total of $1.8 million), but sometimes you have to spend some money.

There are still manufacturers, Mach, given that DOD is required to buy American for the armed forces.

Seems to me that anyone who can make a military uniform jacket & trousers could pump out a couple thousand copies made to AA's requirements for its pilots, and they'd probably be more suitable (npi) to the reality of an airport operations environment than something made for the office would be.

Reactions: 2 people
That article makes it sound like they listen to employees too much. Not surprising to many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth. Sometimes when asked what we want we do not realize what is really the one or two imperatives. Fit and comfort is almost a given as far as a want. I'd for the most part let the designers design and tell them it needs to stand out and be instantly recognizable as AA, just not some fashion show crazy or Bjork outfit.

Latest posts