Aa Saves Millions With The No Furlough Pay

buhbye

Advanced
Jan 16, 2004
Visit site
The Company NEVER asked for furlough pay, but Ward gave it to them. It has been said that AA told him "shame on You."
Also it has been said that Jane Allen was laughing about that later.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the first quarter of 2003, as a part of its 2002 restructuring initiatives discussed below, the Company incurred $25 million in severance charges which are included in Special charges in the consolidated statement of operations
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Company estimates that it will have reduced approximately 8,000 jobs by June 2004 in conjunction with the Management Reductions and the Labor Agreements discussed in Note 2.
This reduction in workforce, which is in addition to the 2002 work force reductions discussed below, will affect all work groups (pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, fleet service clerks, agents, management and support staff personnel), and has been and will continue to be accomplished through various measures, including part-time work schedules, furloughs in accordance with collective bargaining agreements, and permanent layoffs.
As a result of this reduction in workforce, during the second quarter of 2003, the Company recorded an employee charge of approximately $60 million, primarily for severance related costs, which is included in Special charges. Cash outlays for the $60 million employee charge will be incurred over a period of up to twelve months.
The Company does not expect to incur additional severance charges related to this reduction in workforce.

And, let's remember that is only the 3,000 flight attendants furloughed 02JUL03 that didn't get furlough pay. All other furloughed employees did. So the saving to the company was a one-time, neglible thing.

The most any flight attendant furloughed last July would have collected is $44/hr x 75 hours x 2 months = $6600.00. As I had been flying less than 3 years, I would have collected a little less than $2500.

When put in the perspective of the total amount of AA's debt, the amount saved is ludicrous.

Wow no furlough pay. And to think the majority of the minority that voted. Brought him back to try and rob the APFA some more

jimntx said:
And, let's remember that is only the 3,000 flight attendants furloughed 02JUL03 that didn't get furlough pay. All other furloughed employees did. So the saving to the company was a one-time, neglible thing.

The most any flight attendant furloughed last July would have collected is $44/hr x 75 hours x 2 months = $6600.00. As I had been flying less than 3 years, I would have collected a little less than $2500.

When put in the perspective of the total amount of AA's debt, the amount saved is ludicrous.
It was more than that, Jim. Vacation included, too. I thought it was $49 per hour.
My check was 13,000 less 40% taxes. Furloughed 4/1

operaations said:
Wow no furlough pay. And to think the majority of the minority that voted. Brought him back to try and rob the APFA some more
I certainly consider myself the minority and the majority of the minority (twa) did not vote to bring him back.

woztwa said:
It was more than that, Jim. Vacation included, too. I thought it was $49 per hour.
My check was 13,000 less 40% taxes. Furloughed 4/1
But, you were furloughed before implementation of the RPA. As of 01May03, top of scale at AA was cut 15.6%. If top was $49/hr then I overstated the amount at $44. $49 - ($49 x 15.6% = $7.64) = $41.35. Also, vacation, including any accrued but not yet taken, was reduced the same date.

Giving up furlough pay was nothing more than a stab at the former TWA flight attendants. I was just collateral damage. I doubt seriously that JW saved a thing for the remaining flight attendants with that concession. Only if ALL work groups had given up furlough pay would the amount have been meaningful toward helping the company's financial position.

Think about it, JW donated a few million dollars to a company that owes $8 billion. That's illions with a capital B. What is that gesture other than spite?

TransWorldONE said:
I certainly consider myself the minority and the majority of the minority (twa) did not vote to bring him back.
The smart nAAtives didn't vote to bring him back either. I was in Euless (Useless) yesterday and found out that several hundred f/a's on furlough never received their ballots to vote. Also, 135 former TWA f/a's who were dues arrears but paid their dues prior to the deadline and their ballots were tossed because they got counted as dues arrears. So, I know that those 135 former TWA f/a's didn't vote for JW. The next step will be to investigate the controversy and either redo the vote or count those who actually were valid.

I smell a rat and his name is John Ward.

LiveInAHotel said:
The smart nAAtives didn't vote to bring him back either. I was in Euless (Useless) yesterday and found out that several hundred f/a's on furlough never received their ballots to vote. Also, 135 former TWA f/a's who were dues arrears but paid their dues prior to the deadline and their ballots were tossed because they got counted as dues arrears. So, I know that those 135 former TWA f/a's didn't vote for JW. The next step will be to investigate the controversy and either redo the vote or count those who actually were valid.

I smell a rat and his name is John Ward.
As Gomer Pyle used to say,
"Surprise, surprise, surprise!" Gahhhhhhleee.

The NBC under Herod-Rivas with Johnson and Lanning were involved in a prior vote scandal. The DOL was involved. Have heard they said APFA was corrupt but, the F/A's didn't care so they didn't get involved.

It was over a base chair election that Wards camp didn't want in, so there you are.

TransWorldONE said:
Jim, you are a nAAtive who truly "gets it." Thousands of twa and ozark f/a's (who like each other) greatly respect your honest posts. Thank you.
I second that, TWOne, Thanks for you honest straightforward posts, Jim :up:

jimntx said:
Think about it, JW donated a few million dollars to a company that owes $8 billion. That's illions with a capital B. What is that gesture other than spite?
jw who is among the select few who after 1 year have yet to see even a penny reduction in pay. He will schedule himself off more vaction time than anyone of us. He will not yet have to work under the rules he so stupidly accepted by his inability to lead or plan for this group. He is the most pathetic worthless human I know.

good to see most great minds above all agree on this---it still makes me sick that we have another term w/JW ahead of us

I guess we will just all have to be on our toes watching every move made and continue to question our leadership-not the best position to be in as a union in these times but its the hand that has been delt--

BTW------

any word/skuddle-butt/rumors/..ect..about other representation? If the time has ever been right to dump APFA, I would think it is now-havent heard to much about it on the line or anywhere for that matter??

TransWorldONE said:
I really don't think it's set in stone that the Warden will be back for the next four years
It also took Gore supporters a while to realize it was over.

Move on, or replace your stone.