AAPLANES ARE OLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
AAplanes are old, this info's for you!

Average Fleet Age for Selected U.S. Carriers

The following estimated average fleet ages for selected U.S. airlines was compiled from a variety of sources, including the FAA, Flight International Magazine, and the Commercial Jet Aircraft Census of Bill Harms. For each airline, its airline fleet consists of the passenger aircraft that were identified to have been in their fleet as of early June 2002. An aircraft's age is based on the number of years since the aircraft's production.

Airline Avgerage Age Fleet Size*
AirTran 15.21 63
Alaska 9.37 103
Aloha 13.76 23
America West 10.29 141
American 10.46 836
ATA 8.16 61
Continental 7.35 379
Delta 11.22 594
JetBlue 1.73 26
Midwest 26.83 36
Northwest 20.19 431
Southwest 9.23 370
United 8.76 561
USAirways 11.42 241

FAA Certificate and Fleet Information for Selected Carriers

I guess when you're a child like AAPLANESAREOLD, 10 years is ancient!

The only thing old is that list. Way out of date. The youngest fleets in the industry belong to jetBlue, ATA, and airTran, all less than three years old.

Hopeful, this is for you...

Gee brainiac, I wonder how many TWA, factory fresh MD80's helped pump up AA's average fleet age? What's the average age of AA's A300-600's? Twenty two years? AA's rust buckets (and I mean AA metal, not TWA), are barely airworthy and you know it! AA pilots are constantly calling in sick for fear of flying planes that were manufactured when Nixon was president!
10.gif

By the way, the only thing that's 10 years old is that tattoo of Crandall smoking a cigar, on your forehead!
9.gif

----------------
On 8/1/2003 4:33:22 PM AAplanesareold wrote:

Gee brainiac, I wonder how many TWA, factory fresh MD80's helped pump up AA's average fleet age?
----------------​

'Pump up AA's average fleet age'?
While I'm no mathematician, but please explain how TWA 'factory fresh' (good one) planes could pump UP the average age of the fleet?

----------------
AA's rust buckets (and I mean AA metal, not TWA), are barely airworthy and you know it! AA pilots are constantly calling in sick for fear of flying planes that were manufactured when Nixon was president!
10.gif
----------------​

Hmmm, I didn't know that Boeing was rolling the 737-800s and 777's off the assembly lines when Nixon was president.
And, if AA pilots are constantly calling in sick, then I guess NW pilots must have a death wish?

AAplanes, keep up the good work, we all need a good laugh every now and then.

22 years? The first A300 was delivered in 1988. The youngest ones are just over ten years old.

Didn't TWA operate 747-100's until 1998, gee that's 28 years after they entered service in 1970 fresh from the Boeing factory,"28 years fresh". That's a death trap.

AA operates 45 new Boeings for the type of flights TWA 747 use to operate, they're called 777. AA 777's are new, brand new. A300-600 were first delivered in 1988 and later, they are doing duty in Miami and Latin america. It's not AA fault the TWA Board sold the airline to Icahn in 1984.

I am no fan of AA at all, in fact, I hate that airline for what they did to me and the other TWA employees.

But, its time for a reality check. Just because an airplane is old ( 20 years plus) does not mean the thing is a deathtrap. With proper tender loving care, there is no reason why a plane can not fly for a long time. Fedex is turning there DC-10s into MD-10s. Poorly maintained aircraft end up in the bone yard. The aging aircraft incidents in the 1980s shed light on this subject a long time ago. Its an issue that will not go away, and must constantly be addressed by M&E at what ever airline people work at.
10.gif

----------------

Gee brainiac, I wonder how many TWA, factory fresh MD80's helped pump up AA's average fleet age? What's the average age of AA's A300-600's? Twenty two years? AA's rust buckets (and I mean AA metal, not TWA), are barely airworthy and you know it! AA pilots are constantly calling in sick for fear of flying planes that were manufactured when Nixon was president!
10.gif

By the way, the only thing that's 10 years old is that tattoo of Crandall smoking a cigar, on your forehead!
9.gif

----------------​

Damn right, son!

Crandall would not have bought your sorry asses!
He would have picked up the carsass but DELETED.

----------------
On 8/1/2003 10:26:21 PM Hopeful wrote:

Don't forget the crisp new L-1011's TWA had!

----------------​
And don't forget a.a.'s DC-10's! So what's the point?

----------------
On 8/2/2003 9:37:19 AM Hopeful wrote:

----------------

10.gif

9.gif

----------------​

Damn right, son!

Crandall would not have bought your sorry asses!
He would have picked up the carsass but DELETED.

----------------​
Hopeful,Don't forget! Crandall was TWA trained!!!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.