Advice? Resources to learn basics

GrittyK9

Feb 16, 2008
Visit site
I would be greatly appreciative to anyone who can point me in the direction to learn some solid basics about Airplanes in general.

I am sure this is a very basic, boring question to most here, but I've accepted a job in the front office of an impressive, growing aviation company, and I'd love to start my first day with some solid, general knowledge of airplane parts, makes, models, problems, general interests, and save the company the need to spend hours training me the A's, B's, and C's of how a plane is put together and what each "part" does.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'd prefer something I could run to a bookstore for or a website I can visit than something I'd have to order online and wait to receive.

Hey GrittyK9,

One of my first major aviation books was the Jeppesen Private Pilot Handbook. It will definately teach you the fundamentals of aircrafts as well as flight. They should have it on the shelves at local aviation stores near local small airports that serves small airplanes (Cessna 152, 172, etc.) Enjoy your reading.

Latest posts