Agent killed in crash near PIT Airport

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Not sure if this is a US employee...may she rest in peace.

One killed in crash near Pittsburgh Airport
Tuesday, August 15, 2006

By Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A McKees Rocks woman was killed early today when she crashed her car into a granite pillar at the entrance to the Pittsburgh International Airport.

The accident was reported at 4:35 a.m., said county police Inspector David Walsh.

Bridget McDermott, 29, a counter clerk for an airline company, had been on her way to work. She had been driving north on Route 60 and lost control of her small Pontiac as she took the exit ramp to the airport, Inspector Walsh said.

The car skidded and spun into one of the granite pillars on the right side of the ramp.

She was pronounced dead at the scene.

An autopsy is pending by the county medical examiner.

Police closed the ramp for about four hours. Northbound traffic to the airport was rerouted to the next exit where motorists were directed to re-enter the highway on the southbound side to access another airport entrance ramp.

Traffic was returned to normal around 8:30 a.m., Inspector Walsh said.

Thats the news that posted on the N*Land this morning, listed 1 fatality.
May she rest in peace.

Traffic was returned to normal around 8:30 a.m., Inspector Walsh said.

I heard she was double shifting and being a single mom, this might definitely be a corporate murder.

Gosh, how 'mericans like those killer corporations. Bastards. Don't know if I mean the murderous corporations or the 'mericans that allow such a travesty or both.

always the companies fault...never yours or someone's own. that's the problem with most people today that think they are owed something...get real! u get your paycheck and that is all you or any of us are owed, sure it may be smaller than usual but you need to get over it already.

I heard she was double shifting and being a single mom, this might definitely be a corporate murder.

Gosh, how 'mericans like those killer corporations. Bastards. Don't know if I mean the murderous corporations or the 'mericans that allow such a travesty or both.

A person lost her life, saying it may be a corporate murder is assinine...it was a horrible accident. You need to review your posts before submitting them....

A person lost her life, saying it may be a corporate murder is assinine...it was a horrible accident. You need to review your posts before submitting them....

I agree with LD3. Posting without reviewing is like shooting without aiming.

Condolences go to Bridget's family from the Prince's household.