Aging Philly Airport Bogs Down Flights

"2004...That year, US Airways had to cancel hundreds of flights and thousands of pieces of luggage were stranded in Philadelphia after scores of flight attendants and baggage handlers called in sick."

Myth becomes fact.

I know.... it's a shame that PHL is sooooo much more lucrative than PIT. Shame it's not the other way around, ha?
Oh sorry, I forgot just how smart you are.....

And what does PIT have to do with it...I never once mentioned it....The fact that PHL sucks has nothing to do with anything other then, PHL SUCKS.

But you somehow in your twisted mind brought PIT into the thread which tells me you are either confrontational or just hate PIT!

There are 3 good things about PHL

1)The Phillie pretzels sold on the concourses
2)Phillie Cheesesteak sandwiches
3)Seeing that god forsaken city in my rear view mirror

Oh sorry, I forgot just how smart you are.....

And what does PIT have to do with it...I never once mentioned it....The fact that PHL sucks has nothing to do with anything other then, PHL SUCKS.

But you somehow in your twisted mind brought PIT into the thread which tells me you are either confrontational or just hate PIT!
I never said you mentioned PIT. I was simply saying that it is too bad that we can't have a lucrative operation similar to PHL in PIT. You don't agree? Look at the airports! Who hates PIT? Huh? Med check!

Defensive much? :lol: Yikes......

"None of these challenges are insurmountable," Michael Nutter said the morning after he was elected Nov. 6. "I'd like to remind many of you that the city of Philadelphia does not handle baggage, nor do we fly airplanes."

AHHHH,,,,I hate hearing local talking heads make these kind of comments. The airport sponsor has more control over airport development and capacity than they want to admit. Acquisition and/or condemnation of land needed for a true parallel runway at PHL (separated by 4,200' from the other runway) is never popular, but in the case of PHL, its need sooner than later. If the airport sponsor wants immediate congestion relief, then spike a significant increase in the landing fees.

"2004...That year, US Airways had to cancel hundreds of flights and thousands of pieces of luggage were stranded in Philadelphia after scores of flight attendants and baggage handlers called in sick."

Myth becomes fact.

I'm hoping you're being tongue-in-cheek with that last sentence in bold. If Patrick Walters actually believes that statement then he is remiss as a reporter.